Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clear goo drip

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There has been a peculiar Drip coming from the dash just below the display. I fear that based on proximity this could be leakage of some sort, possibly the display. Has anyone had the same problem? I did a search but nothing came up.
Well I made an appointment with this description and apparently it has been determined by the techs to be the display since it is listed as a part ordered for the repair. My display still works but the Drip while slower, is still evident. The service is scheduled for Monday the 28sept. We'll see what goes. I want to upgrade to the mcu2, but that part is not due until 30-60 days.

Reactions: DerbyDave
Well the Drip was identified by the mechanic as a magnifying substance and a clear, eh pun intended, sign of display failure. It is covered by warranty and replaced. I decided afterward to do the infotainment upgrade the following week they only gave $250.00 credit for the new display, but I am glad I did it, total cost $ 2486.00, now my 2014 model s' mcu2 is like the new model s,