TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Clicka-clicka

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by Doug_G, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

Recently, when plugging in my UMC, I've been getting repeated attempts by the car to lock the plug in place. Clicka-clicka. A couple of times the pilot didn't engage and I got slow charging.

Anyone else get this? Is this a problem with the UMC connector or the car?

2. FlasherZ

FlasherZ Sig Model S + Sig Model X + Model 3 Resv

#2 FlasherZ, Jul 2, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2013
    Look at your tab beneath the "wand" connector, there's a little trough in there that the locking tab plugs into. Make sure there's nothing caked or cracked or blocking it. If the locking pin senses it hasn't engaged into the trough it will back off.

3. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

Yep. Although not as much recently. What was more distressing was when I'd plug in and nothing... the ring would stay white/pale blue and it would not lock or charge. Tesla replaced my original UMC, but the replacement starting acting up (not locking and/or the multiple clicking) fairly soon afterwards. (My cable and port were both clean as a whistle). Since about v4.4 of the software, it's been much more reliable. FWIW, the J1772 adapter and public chargers have always worked flawlessly for me.