Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clicking noise from passenger side from dash

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Noises are so much more obvious in a quiet car, aren’t they? The Mobile Techs are going to be investigating two different noises from my front passenger side dash. One is a sort of a creaking/rub noise when driving over even slightly uneven pavement. The other is a weird hissing/bubbling noise that occurs even when the climate control/fan is completely off.

Tesla won't warrant noises of discontent about your driving from your spouse! :D
Seriously though... are you saying you hear that hissing noise when NOT driving? You are sure it is not wind noise due to poor window or door seal ?

Fortunately — well, at least on the driving front — my partner works on the mainland, so during the week, I get to drive to my heart’s content (when not at work or parenting!) ;)

The hissing/bubbling is even when parked, and even after the car has been parked for hours and I get back in. Very odd.

Only with my HVAC on, I get an intermittent clicking sound by the glovebox, about once in every 5-10 seconds. Has anybody else encountered this? Should I take it to get serviced?
I also have this. I though at first it was some part undergoing heat stress because it goes away when the car cools a bit. But it turns out it is more simple........It is limited to several minutes after starting the car and it stops immediately if I turn off the HVAC. Otherwise, it goes from every 5-10 seconds to every 30 seconds or so and stops after 3-5 minutes. I don't detect anything wrong otherwise. I plan on waiting until service for tire rotation to have it looked at. Otherwise, not a sound or rattle in the car.

I also have this. I though at first it was some part undergoing heat stress because it goes away when the car cools a bit. But it turns out it is more simple........It is limited to several minutes after starting the car and it stops immediately if I turn off the HVAC. Otherwise, it goes from every 5-10 seconds to every 30 seconds or so and stops after 3-5 minutes. I don't detect anything wrong otherwise. I plan on waiting until service for tire rotation to have it looked at. Otherwise, not a sound or rattle in the car.

Same here. I think it's some plastic dash part expanding or contracting. Let us know if you figure it out.

I had a clicking sound coming from my passenger side HVAC when it would turn on and/or if i split the airflow direction. Took it into service and it turned out to be a loose diverter vent that needed to be tightened, problem solved!

I also have a clicking noise every 20 or so seconds from driver side dash immediately after stepping into the car, with HVAC off. Brought to Costa Mesa and was told normal. I noticed this after they replaced the brake booster but perhaps it was there before and it never noticed it. It disappears I think when the HVAC turns on or when I go into drive.