Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clicking sound in steering at low speed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just want to update that 2 days after I got the delivery of my MYP, I started hearing clicking sound behind the steering wheel. Took it to SC. here is what the repair note said.

“Found the clock spring inside the steering column control module was malfunction and was creating a noise while turning the steering wheel. Replaced steering column control module. Calibrated to clients vehicle. Rectify clients concern. Noise no longer present at this time.
Correction: Module - Steering Column Control (Remove & Replace).

Parts Replaced or Added
Part Quantity
STEERING COLUMN 1.00 CONTROL MODULE KOSTAL.(1097662-00-P)
1 of 3

BOLT RC M16X1.5X26 1.00 PC88 PTP.(1036655-00-A)

AIRBAG HARNESS 1.00 RETAINING CLIP.
(1028053-00-A)”

I have gotten the car back and so far so good. A little bummed that this happened in a brand new car. QC needs to fix the production process.

Last edited:
Just want to update that 2 days after I got the delivery of my MYP, I started hearing clicking sound behind the steering wheel. Took it to SC. here is what the repair note said.

“Found the clock spring inside the steering column control module was malfunction and was creating a noise while turning the steering wheel. Replaced steering column control module. Calibrated to clients vehicle. Rectify clients concern. Noise no longer present at this time.
Correction: Module - Steering Column Control (Remove & Replace).

Parts Replaced or Added
Part Quantity
STEERING COLUMN 1.00 CONTROL MODULE KOSTAL.(1097662-00-P)
1 of 3

BOLT RC M16X1.5X26 1.00 PC88 PTP.(1036655-00-A)

AIRBAG HARNESS 1.00 RETAINING CLIP.
(1028053-00-A)”

I have gotten the car back and so far so good. A little bummed that this happened in a brand new car. QC needs to fix the production process.
I have a similar issue, sc replaced the same parts as yours but I still hear the clicking noise after 1 day. I have an mylr and have 8000km on the car right now. After two service visits they escalated to engineer… but my clicking still exists. Anyone have a similar issue??