Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 MYP Steering rack Failure. Tesla DENYING warranty coverage due to aftermarket wheels 20x10 with 275 40 20 set up

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So will Tesla (or other manufacturers) deny warranty claims because of different than OEM tires, but with the OEM wheels?
I think very few people will buy the exact OEM tire when replacing ...
You might run into trouble if it makes the overall size different (as that can lead to rubbing and thus warranty denial). If you keep the size the same, then I don't really see a rationale for denial.

You might run into trouble if it makes the overall size different (as that can lead to rubbing and thus warranty denial). If you keep the size the same, then I don't really see a rationale for denial.
Yeah, my plan was to switch to Falken Wildpeaks, 255/50R19. They are not available in 255/45R19. Slight diameter increase, but from what I am hearing around here, no rubbing.
Now with reports like in this thread, this may not be the best idea ....

Yeah, my plan was to switch to Falken Wildpeaks, 255/50R19. They are not available in 255/45R19. Slight diameter increase, but from what I am hearing around here, no rubbing.
Now with reports like in this thread, this may not be the best idea ....
IMO that seems so minor the SC is unlikely to even notice. Just in case, you can document when they are brand new that they don't rub (maybe take some pictures that show they still clear when wheel is fully turned either direction). But you would have to do your own risk analysis.

Reactions: flixden
I was thinking of fitting 275’s on my stock wheels to improve ride and curb protection - thinking twice about that now!
youll be fine plenty of people do it without issue. This was a fluke case of a steering rack failing non other than it failing. Does not relate to the the tires at all 275 fit perfect with plenty of space to spare. Heck some people run 285 and dont have an issue just depends on the tire brand as every tire brand sizing is different