TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Clicking sound since 7.1

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Joetnr1, Jan 15, 2016.

1. Joetnr1

Joetnr1 Member

Since I've installed 7.1 I'm getting a random single click sound when I approach my car. It sounds like when the door handles present something clicks down in the battery area. Not sure if it's the car starting up but I find it strange that I didn't start hearing it until this update. Am I crazy?

2. theslimshadyist

theslimshadyist NashVegas!

Go view this thread and let us know if your issue is similar to what they are stating.

Knocking in the Front

3. Joetnr1

Joetnr1 Member

I got involved with this thread a bit but my sound seems to be coming from a different area from what they've described. Perhaps it's the same issue but the RW version.

4. theslimshadyist

theslimshadyist NashVegas!

Perhaps someone has reached out to Tesla to inform them of the issue and we will have some info available very soon.

5. Todd Burch

Todd Burch Electron Pilot

Sounds like you're describing the sound of the battery contactor? Not new since 7.1, but wasn't sure how experienced you are with the car.

6. Joetnr1

Joetnr1 Member

I've only had it a month but definitely never noticed it before couple days ago.