Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Climate Change Denial

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Doesn't really mean anything other than the ice core samplings indicate natural climate variation during the past 2,500 years. The previous temperature peaks were just as high or higher that our current Modern Warm Period. Assigning all of the current global warming to humans completely ignores the previous global warming periods of the past. It is apparent to those who examine climate data that CO2 forcing by carbon emissions is exaggerated.
That plot was a plot for the temperature of central Greenland. Why is it ok to use Greenland as a proxy for the entire global temperature instead of one part of the historical record?

How does the temperature record of central Greenland explain the extra zettajoules of energy in the ocean and atmosphere if not from CO2 plus associated feedbacks?

Oh, my goodness. A proxy study of the last 2,500 years was done in the year A.D 2000. That 21 years makes all the difference in the world! LOL.
Given that the human industrial era is less than 10% of that period, and that human activity is increasing, recent data should have the strongest signals of any impact.

It's similar to the way using 2016 UK coal usage data to describe its level of coal use is omitting a significant time period.

Reactions: CyberGus
Given that the human industrial era is less than 10% of that period, and that human activity is increasing, recent data should have the strongest signals of any impact.

It's similar to the way using 2016 UK coal usage data to describe its level of coal use is omitting a significant time period.
In addition his link is to a pic of the Central Greenland temperature reconstruction from ice cores. The higher temperatures in the past from this chart are limited to the central Greenland area and can't by themselves be extrapolated to the entire world. They are simply one piece of data that he's cherry picking.

Doesn't really mean anything other than the ice core samplings indicate natural climate variation during the past 2,500 years. The previous temperature peaks were just as high or higher that our current Modern Warm Period. Assigning all of the current global warming to humans completely ignores the previous global warming periods of the past. It is apparent to those who examine climate data that CO2 forcing by carbon emissions is exaggerated.
There are the evidences that Global Warming is ANTHROPOGENIC!
Main evidence is the increasing concentration of C13 isotope in the ATMOSPHERE!
Please STUDY THE SCIENCE of AGW!

That plot was a plot for the temperature of central Greenland. Why is it ok to use Greenland as a proxy for the entire global temperature instead of one part of the historical record?

How does the temperature record of central Greenland explain the extra zettajoules of energy in the ocean and atmosphere if not from CO2 plus associated feedbacks?
Because the ice core data of Greenland corresponds to the ice core data from Antarctica. If that doesn't indicate a global climate variation, I don't know what does.

From an environmental standpoint, the rich in the world are the main problem. If you ignore the environment, they are less bad. Still bad mind you but less so.
At some point in an interconnected world, excess use of a limited resource creates a burden to the poor even when you ignore the environment.

If you can't stand back and see that, then you are missing a good part of the picture. Doesn't make rich people "bad" of course, but their power to do things usually creates a problem for some people. There really isn't any great solution for it but you should acknowledge that is an issue.

I work in health care. My employer (like most) is a non-profit. It is not owned by rich people. There are lots of government dollars and lots of health insurance dollars. Most of my patients are what you might call poor - because truly rich people tend to have less medical issues. But we should probably clarify what poor is - which is very few people in the US.

So how does that fit? - I am not employed by a rich person. In fact, I don't work nearly as much for rich people. And my sector is just over 13% of the US workforce.

That doesn't really make sense though since the rich are a tiny percentage of the population. Why would it be easier to get rid of the vast majority than a tiny minority? Numbers don't favor your position.

We are already killing poor people better than rich people. Homelessness, drug use, gun violence, malnourishment, ect.... those all disportionatrly kill poor people.

Hypothetically, since the rich people control the weapons, I’m sure that if we provided them a choice “use your weapons to kill the poor people or we will have the poor people kill you” they will agree that killing poor people is a better alternative. It’s just easier. The poor don’t have the resources to kill all the rich people and once you kill all the rich people, the richest poor person becomes the richest person and then you have to kill them too. It gets complicated.

to be clear, I am not advocating to kill people. I just said it was the best way to swap with three climate crisis. So one suggested killing just the rich would be more effective, I’m merely providing the counter argument

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: Demonofelru
We are already killing poor people better than rich people. Homelessness, drug use, gun violence, malnourishment, ect.... those all disportionatrly kill poor people.

Hypothetically, since the rich people control the weapons, I’m sure that if we provided them a choice “use your weapons to kill the poor people or we will have the poor people kill you” they will agree that killing poor people is a better alternative. It’s just easier. The poor don’t have the resources to kill all the rich people and once you kill all the rich people, the richest poor person becomes the richest person and then you have to kill them too. It gets complicated.

to be clear, I am it advocating to kill people. I just said it was the best way to swap with three climate crisis. So one suggested killing just the rich would be more effective, I’m merely providing the counter argument
Your argument makes no sense.

• Disagree
Reactions: qdeathstar and JRP3