Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Climate Change Denial

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I find it particularly interesting that defenders of climate change theory won’t dare chastise China and other foreign serial polluters.
Speaking of Team Moscow...

Yahoo Finance: Putin Is Betting Coal Still Has a Future.
Ok, now what?;)

This has absolutely nothing to do with me. This is just physics. Why is this so difficult for you? You said heat is convected into the upper atmosphere then radiated away. Even if convection were the primary way Earth cools (it's not).... what's keeping that heat from just radiating away directly from the surface?

View attachment 668164
Think you can tell me what is the strongest greenhouse gas?

.. and they are also causing the worst climate catastrophy we have faced since the last ice age. But of course you deny this. It’s easy to say “fossil fuels have helped more than done harm” if you just deny all the harm. You can “prove” anything you like that way.
You're just mad that not everybody is hopping aboard the hysterical global warming bandwagon.

Easy. Water Vapor. Think you can tell me what is the strongest greenhouse gas that doesn't condense into a liquid, doesn't precipitate our of the atmosphere on Earth and allows there to be so much water vapor in the atmosphere?
The oceans allow water vapor in the atmosphere - not CO2. CO2 allows for life on earth. I find it peculiar how some of you consider CO2 to be a pollutant.

The oceans allow water vapor in the atmosphere - not CO2. CO2 allows for life on earth. I find it peculiar how some of you consider CO2 to be a pollutant.

What adds more water vapor? A cold or warmer ocean? What keeps the thermal energy in the oceans from just radiating away directly into space. I find it peculiar how some of you can't answer a simple question... what's the strongest non-condensible greenhouse gas on Earth?

So you agree Water Vapor cause warming? So why wouldn't CO2 cause warming? Would not more CO2 also result in more water vapor resulting in more warming?

What adds more water vapor? A cold or warmer ocean? What keeps the thermal energy in the oceans from just radiating away directly into space. I find it peculiar how some of you can't answer a simple question... what's the strongest non-condensible greenhouse gas on Earth?

So you agree Water Vapor cause warming? So why wouldn't CO2 cause warming? Would not more CO2 also result in more water vapor resulting in more warming?
You are trying to make a mountain out of the CO2 molehill.

• Disagree
Reactions: eevee-fan
Water vapor is not dependent on CO2.

CO2 is a greenhouse gas => Less CO2 the atmosphere is colder => The atmosphere is colder there is less water vapor => Water Vapor is a GHG => Less Water Vapor the atmosphere is colder => The atmosphere is colder there is less water vapor.

See how this works? If you sucked all the CO2 from the air the Earth would quickly become a ball of ice. Works the other way too... ovviously.

Screen Shot 2021-05-31 at 12.38.18 PM.png

Reactions: eevee-fan
CO2 is a greenhouse gas => Less CO2 the atmosphere is colder => The atmosphere is colder there is less water vapor => Water Vapor is a GHG => Less Water Vapor the atmosphere is colder => The atmosphere is colder there is less water vapor.

See how this works? If you sucked all the CO2 from the air the Earth would quickly become a ball of ice. Works the other way too... ovviously.

View attachment 668188
You think CO2 is the thermostat of the earth. It isn't. It is a component. But not the whole thermostat.