Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help me decide on my next tires! (Michelin Cross Climate, Sport Pilot AS, Continental ExtremeContact DWS)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From my first hand testing, This DWS 06+ tire works the best year 'round in Colorado in any condition and handles the performance well in the summer months too. No tire is perfect and tires that claim to be more efficient 1) typically make sacrifices in other categories and 2) the real world efficiency increase amounts to nearly nothing to even be worth it, IMO.

The DWS is the Continental Extreme Contact tire?

Reactions: Skavatar
I run the dws06+ on my cars, no matter the car, best tire ever as far as the handling/wet grip/dry grip/comfort/longevity goes, Like it so much I tried the continental terrain contact a/t on my truck and swear by those too! for my model Y i chose to go 275/40/20 as the 255 does not give much rim protection, I can say I have about a 7 to 8 % range loss from this oversized tire to the stock conti rubber (which is horrible!) cannot go wrong with DWS06+

Just to give you guys a small update - my CC2 now has about 35k miles of use, about 70% of that are on highways.

I still have about 50% treadwear remaining.

I don't baby my tires. I do accelerate hard when needed, but not an aggressive driver by nature. And of course, since FSD is on 90+% of the time, it does unnecessarily hard acceleration and braking which I'm sure didn't help.

I run the dws06+ on my cars, no matter the car, best tire ever as far as the handling/wet grip/dry grip/comfort/longevity goes, Like it so much I tried the continental terrain contact a/t on my truck and swear by those too! for my model Y i chose to go 275/40/20 as the 255 does not give much rim protection, I can say I have about a 7 to 8 % range loss from this oversized tire to the stock conti rubber (which is horrible!) cannot go wrong with DWS06+
Did you factor in the extra diameter in your milage? You are going 7.8% further per 275 wheel rotation than a 255.

Did you factor in the extra diameter in your milage? You are going 7.8% further per 275 wheel rotation than a 255.
You've got this wrong, the 1st # in this case 255 to 275 does not determine the revolutions. The 1st # is the width of the tire. The second # lets you know of the rubber length from the rim to the outer tire edge which determines the revolutions per mile, effecting the odometer and speedometer.