Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Climate Change Denial

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK, I have seen enough.

There are way too many talented, smart people here wasting their time engaging with a premium troll.

This guy cannot be for real, and if he is, then best of luck to him. There is no point wasting anymore time trying to convince him of anything.

I am putting him on ignore and you would all probably be better off to do the same.
You are a perfect example of, "if you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen."

• Disagree
Reactions: eevee-fan
You think that will keep going up to infinity?
No. It will keep going up until it reaches thermal equilibrium. All things being equal it will go up less if we stop putting greenhouse gases into the air and more if we don't.

Earth can only reject heat to space via radiative transfer which increases by temperature raised to the 4th power. So the more we insulate the atmosphere the hotter it must get to reach equilibrium with incoming solar energy, although the hotter it gets the more efficiently it radiates.

So how much more CO2 are we going to put into the atmosphere. If it were up to you and the fossil fuel companies whose stock prices are built in part on known reserves, we would burn every drop of oil on the planet. Right now there's about 1.65 Trillion barrels of proven reserves. Here's what we use in one year:
0k5fyY8.jpg

So about one of these every year for the next 47 years.

That's enough to add another 90PPM

But wait we still need to burn all the known reserves of coal (1055 billion tonnes) and natural gas (7.2 Trillion cubic feet) which would add another 281 PPM & 50.8 PPM respectively raising our atmospheric totals to around 832PPM. Over double what they are now, and over triple from where they were at the start of the industrial revolution.

So once all that was burned and all feedbacks and Earths thermal system had time to reach equilibrium, then I would expect the temperature of the ocean to stop rising.
No. Math is math. 2 + 2 = 4. It is what it is.
Just look at your false liberal math. I'm supposed to believe 2 +2 = 4? A "2" is not a 4, neither is a "+". I mean there are three whole symbols on the left and only one on the right and you expect me to believe they are the same? Only in commie liberal land. ;)

You have no clue that is all human-caused.
Simply provide evidence of another source for that energy. Energy is always conserved. It must come from somewhere and it must go somewhere.. It's not extra energy coming from the sun, the sun has been quieter than normal, it's not from volcanism, and it's not from decay of radio active elements. So simply tell us where that energy comes from.

You can't of course because it's from heat retention due to man made climate change due to the release of greenhouse gases.

Depends. What's the radiative forcing of CO2? How high is too high? 400? 450? 500ppm?

Remember how a warmer atmosphere means exponentially more water vapor? What do you think that means for rainfall and flooding events? Hurricanes are heat engines. What do you think that means for Hurricane strength. Warmer air sucks up moisture from vegetation faster. What do you think that means for wildfires? Etc, Etc, Etc..... Etc.
You mentioned hurricanes? OK, let's have a look:

Since the early 1970s, there is no trend of increasing tropical cyclone activity across the world - both numerically and in tropical cyclone energy. Human-caused global warming is a gross exaggeration!

• Disagree
You mentioned hurricanes? OK, let's have a look:

Since the early 1970s, there is no trend of increasing tropical cyclone activity across the world - both numerically and in tropical cyclone energy. Human-caused global warming is a gross exaggeration!

I didn't say frequency. I said intensity. Are the oceans are getting warmer? Yes. What powers a hurricane? Stop your pathetic trolling and connect the dots.

And it's not just wind speed but how much rain these storms are able to drop. The amount of rain Hurricane Harvey delivered would have been statistically impossible in a ~280ppm climate. CO2 loads the dice.

Screen Shot 2021-06-01 at 1.45.06 PM.png

Last edited: