Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Climate Change Denial

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To the moon!

Screen Shot 2021-06-30 at 5.10.48 PM.png

Combat climate change by altering the orbit of the moon? LOL

At first I thought that is literally lunatic for a congressman, but maybe it means he at least understands the significance of the problem?

No, just another emotional nut job acting like an emotional nut job. As has been mentioned before.... can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into.... facts, logic and science are useless for convincing an emotional nut job out of reality denial. Why do you think there are people that refused the vaccine, masks and social distancing dying of COVID whose last words are 'But... it's all a hoax!'

Reactions: Big Earl and msm859
No, just another emotional nut job acting like an emotional nut job. As has been mentioned before.... can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into.... facts, logic and science are useless for convincing an emotional nut job out of reality denial. Why do you think there are people that refused the vaccine, masks and social distancing dying of COVID whose last words are 'But... it's all a hoax!'

Right, however maybe his "reality denial" had a leak, resulting in him suggesting the most extreme measure I have ever heard of (in itself completely unrealistic in the opposite direction, of course).

Yeah I don't think you guys will convince a stubborn old coot like Mitch. You can hit him with 100 "facts" and he'll find one of two data points that refute the 100. He just wants to live happy knowing he's smarter than the climate change folks. He needs something to be 100% true before he will accept it. We should just be glad that his daughter is pretty smart and hooked him up with an EV. At least someone in that family is somewhat trying to do better. I just hope that if he really is on the board of some company... that if that company were to take on some investment to try and reduce carbon emissions, he's not up there spouting some whatever's stopping the green stuff.

It's one thing when a do-nothing-but-post-crap on Facebook person denies climate change. It's another when anyone in a position to affect large-scale policy and investment feels the same way. It's just unfortunate some people want their own pride and perception of self-intelligence to trump the long-term well being of future generations.
Actually, I pushed the Tesla idea in my family. My stepdaughter loved my MS60 and begged me to sell it to her. She still has it.

I am on the board of a small business in Dallas - 16 employees. I am not in a position to make some profound statement or effect on "climate change." It is too small for that. I named a former employee to the board last year. He is a kind of a redneck guy who loves muscle cars and races sprint cars. But guess what - he owns an MS90! And he uses his Tesla to make deliveries sometimes. We have a board meeting coming up next week. I'll drive my P85D up to Dallas and back to Houston on the same day. That will eliminate gasoline cost.

I do want to live happy. There are plenty of good honest climate research folks out there. I am no smarter than them.

Actually, I pushed the Tesla idea in my family. My stepdaughter loved my MS60 and begged me to sell it to her. She still has it.

I am on the board of a small business in Dallas - 16 employees. I am not in a position to make some profound statement or effect on "climate change." It is too small for that. I named a former employee to the board last year. He is a kind of a redneck guy who loves muscle cars and races sprint cars. But guess what - he owns an MS90! And he uses his Tesla to make deliveries sometimes. We have a board meeting coming up next week. I'll drive my P85D up to Dallas and back to Houston on the same day. That will eliminate gasoline cost.

I do want to live happy. There are plenty of good honest climate research folks out there. I am no smarter than them.
Must drive you crazy that your actions are helping to mitigate climate change which you think doesn't exist.

Check out 2021 to 2006. So far, they are very close to the same. By September, there will be a departure. But it always freezes right back up, catching up in the late fall and winter.

View attachment 679940

BTW, based on your argument of no global warming, I would expect to see the glacier area line for 2021 to be ABOVE the black line as the black line is the AVERAGE. Thank you for proving that there is glacial ice sheet loss.

My Mom lives near Seattle and has had these decorative Candles in the same house (no AC) since 1995. Clearly adiabatic compression.... AGW denier are simply morons. Worse they're a parasitic drain on the rest of society holding back progress... it's pathetic and frustrating.

View attachment 680538
Are you expecting sympathy from me after all of the crap you gave Texans over our February freeze? Go back to your ozone hole!