Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Climate Change Denial

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Dallas Morning News: Texas to require most power plants to prepare for weather from 0 to 96 degrees.

So when it gets hotter than 96F, be ready to generate your own power. ;)

The Dallas Morning News: Texas to require most power plants to prepare for weather from 0 to 96 degrees.

So when it gets hotter than 96F, be ready to generate your own power. ;)
Must be a typo? When I lived in Dalllas in the 80’s, in the summer, the highs were either, 98,99, or 100 every day during summer. 96 would be an off day.

It’s the “Deep Water” industrial complex conspiracy
A4FD35E0-7758-46C2-AABA-3B0906846935.jpeg

I enjoy some of the subtle anti-EV bias you can find in online media.

Google fed me this article as one of their curated news links that pops up on their home page.

In the article they stated the following from a story on KBB:
If you saved money to buy your dream electric vehicle, you’re probably thinking that you’re done with the expenses, but the true cost of owning an EV might surprise you. Indeed, you don’t have to pay for fuel anymore, but you still have to cover the costs of charging your car. Kelley Blue Book uses the U.S. household average from June 2022 to calculate that it would cost about $59 per month to charge an electric car. Just to put things into perspective, KBB establishes that if gas costs $3.88 a gallon on average, it will cost about $47 to fill a 12-gallon gas tank. While the difference is pretty remarkable, it’s also worth noting that electricity rates differ from state to state, depending on the availability of the plans, climate, consumption, and supply.

So if you skim you’ll see the “remarkable difference” is an EV cost about $59/month to charge vs only $47 dollars for the ice car.

Of course careful reading or going directly to the KBB story they pulled the stats from shows how misleading this. The $47 is for a single 12 gallon tank in the ICE car.

The KBB article used an EV getting 3miles/kWh and $.15 kWh electricity vs $3.88 a gallon in a 30mpg car. When directly comparing miles driven the ICE costs 2-3 times more to fuel. This article left that part out.

For those who are already looking for any excuse for why it doesn’t make sense to tackle climate change here’s another they can hang their hat(e) on.

Last edited:

Google fed me this article as one of their curated news links that pops up on their home page.

So if you skim you’ll see the “remarkable difference” is an EV cost about $59/month to charge vs only $47 dollars for the ice car.

Of course careful reading or going directly to the KBB story they pulled the stats from shows how misleading this. The $47 is for a single 12 gallon tank in the ICE car.

The KBB article used an EV getting 3miles/kWh and $.15 kWh electricity vs $3.88 a gallon in a 30mpg car. When directly comparing miles driven the ICE costs 2-3 times more to fuel. This article left that part out.

For those who are already looking for any excuse for why it doesn’t make sense to tackle climate change here’s another they can hang their hat(e) on.
I noticed that as well. She really just plain skipped the head-to-head comparison. FUD

Say what? Electricity is not free? Who knew? (Good thing the editor thought this newsworthy!)

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC