Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Climate Change Denial

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is such an important topic even if covered here ad nauseam,

I was hoping someone can point to the posts up thread that answer DaveE's questions if unwilling to answer him directly. How can we expect others to change lifestyles and economies if this group is unwilling to debate, educate or type a few more sentences,
Rick believe me I tried to debate with Dave but he has his own ideas that Global Warming is not Anthropogenic and is not available to change his mind. Dave is a denier and we cannot do anything about this fact.

Already did it believe me.
Actually, you have not. So far, I point out the science -- that gas doesn't heat liquid as easily as the other way around, and the CO2 theory said that CO2 would be stimulated by the light -- and would warm first. And we are observing the opposite. This is a paradox discussing by real Climatologists... instead of responding to that, you said "Nuh uh!" and you throw out some things that make no sense, that CO2 is like glass (letting light in both not letting heat out)... except that's not really how it works (kinda/sorta) -- but it wouldn't matter, it would still mean that the upper atmosphere would warm more as it was trapping the heat. Not the oceans.

This is the problem. And scientists have tried to dodge it, because it defies their theory. You all are reversing it and doing politics -- pretending that that the theory is right, and trying to find excuses for why... instead of doing science, and looking for how the theory is wrong, and demanding answers as to why.

For my benefit, and perhaps others, if you already did it, is it too much to ask to show us again?

Already done multiple times. The same FUD has probably been posted in the Denial thread and debunked. The fact that Dave refuses to read/post there where the Denialists may be able to strengthen the argument just shows he's trolling here.

The real question that needs to be addressed is with global temperatures increasing, does it make sense to add more heat onto the planet by continuing to burn stuff (I am counting nuclear too as that adds heat). Anything else is just trying in inject Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt.

The FUD thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: RSpanner
Already done multiple times. The same FUD has probably been posted in the Denial thread and debunked. The fact that Dave refuses to read/post there just shows he's trolling here.

The FUD thread.

Except those don't refute what I'm saying....

I'm saying, "it's warming in the wrong way".... the oceans shouldn't be out warming the atmosphere.

You reply, "but the surface temps are warming... so I'm right."

That doesn't mean what you think it means.

• Disagree
Reactions: eevee-fan
Actually, you have not. So far, I point out the science -- that gas doesn't heat liquid as easily as the other way around, and the CO2 theory said that CO2 would be stimulated by the light -- and would warm first. And we are observing the opposite. This is a paradox discussing by real Climatologists... instead of responding to that, you said "Nuh uh!" and you throw out some things that make no sense, that CO2 is like glass (letting light in both not letting heat out)... except that's not really how it works (kinda/sorta) -- but it wouldn't matter, it would still mean that the upper atmosphere would warm more as it was trapping the heat. Not the oceans.

This is the problem. And scientists have tried to dodge it, because it defies their theory. You all are reversing it and doing politics -- pretending that that the theory is right, and trying to find excuses for why... instead of doing science, and looking for how the theory is wrong, and demanding answers as to why.
Dave I only would like to say one thing.
When CO2 is hit by infrared shortwaves coming from the Earth it doesn't produce heat or heat produced is negligible. There is no atmospheric imbalance!
When CO2 is hit by infrared shortwaves the infrared rays are reflected towards the Earth. This way the Earth warms.
The difference between the energy entering the atmosphere as sun light and the energy going out in the Space as longwaves, the only waves which manage to pass through CO2 and other GHGs, is the ENERGY IMBALANCE.
90% of the energy imbalance is absorbed by the Oceans causing the Temperature of the Oceans rise and also originate stronger hurricanes.

I was hoping someone can point to the posts up thread that answer DaveE's questions if unwilling to answer him directly. How can we expect others to change lifestyles and economies if this group is unwilling to debate, educate or type a few more sentences,
Dave's issues (along with many others) have been repeatedly thrashed to death in the "Climate Change Denial" thread
Climate Change Denial

You can find all the answers you want there.

@SDRick
one reason perhaps, could be when a troll comes squawking in and wants to be spoon fed agreed upon facts that 97% concur with, disagreeing with same , is arrogant & condescending with no bona fides
1705261546874.png

here is one article referencing 18 Scientific Associations with links to articles which took 15 seconds to find that he could read,
note the last 40 years of increasing temperature anomalies

Except those don't refute what I'm saying....

I'm saying, "it's warming in the wrong way".... the oceans shouldn't be out warming the atmosphere.

You reply, "but the surface temps are warming... so I'm right."

That doesn't mean what you think it means.
So why do you think that global warming theory involves air heating the ocean? Have you ever stood barefoot on the beach in the sun and nearly burned your feet, even though the air is a pleasant temperature? Try standing barefoot on a metal roof in the sun if that doesn't convince you. Such a silly idea flys in the face of common sense experience.

I can’t tell if you are illiterate or just stupid.

I say X, you argue Y… I didn’t say Y. Willful ignorance is the sign of belonging to a cult.

I’m arguing where the warming is, and you keep saying but it’s warming. 3rd graders have a higher reading comprehension.

Reactions: Raffy.Roma
PLEASE don't offend anybody!
You'd seem less hypocritical if you had a problem with all their repeated insults of me and moronic quips, then when I reflect 1/100th of it back, you think I'm the problem. It makes you look as hypocritical as they are.

When CO2 is hit by infrared shortwaves coming from the Earth it doesn't produce heat or heat produced is negligible. There is no atmospheric imbalance!
When CO2 is hit by infrared shortwaves the infrared rays are reflected towards the Earth. This way the Earth warms.
The difference between the energy entering the atmosphere as sun light and the energy going out in the Space as longwaves, the only waves which manage to pass through CO2 and other GHGs, is the ENERGY IMBALANCE.
90% of the energy imbalance is absorbed by the Oceans causing the Temperature of the Oceans rise and also originate stronger hurricanes.
Do you have anything that says that. That's not what CO2 theory was for the first 30 years, but it's possible they re-invented the theory to adapt to observations.

But it doesn't sound like you know what you're saying to me.

An "energy imbalance" is either coming as radio waves in the visible or infrared light spectrum: period. That's the energy. (You can refer to it as light or heat -- but technically, it's light/radio waves that creates heat). The higher frequency stuff, in the microwave range -- directly heat water. (Hence how a microwave oven works).

If CO2 isn't absorbing it (which is the theory) then it's reflecting it.... but if it's reflective of it, then it would reflect more away from the planet, than it would reflect back from the planet -- and it would be a net loss. (e.g. light coming in is stronger than light reflected off the planet -- the same whether it's in the ultraviolent, visible or infrared).

So it's like you're trying to repeat things without understanding what you're saying. (You're retyping what Al Gore or NYT said, after they mangled the science).

There's a possibility that I've never seen hypothicized, that if CO2 was dropping the frequency of some wavelength, and the sun was putting out a ton of high frequency radio waves, it could be converting them down into microwaves, that would be more likely absorbed by water/ocean. But that would also heat up the clouds far far more. And I've never heard anyone claim that was the cause of global warming, nor observed that clouds are warming more than the surface.

Science isn't consensus, that's politics. As Albert Einstein said
“Genius abhors consensus because when consensus is reached, thinking stops. Stop nodding your head.”

Probably coming from when, "One hundred German physicists claim Einsteins theory of relativity is wrong."
Einsteins reply was supposedly, "If I were wrong, it would only take one."

Consensus is one of three fallacies (or all of them combined): bandwagon, appeal to authority, echo-chamber fallacy. Fallacies are not logic or science, they are fallacies that either intentionally or accidentally dupe the rubes. It is never used by anyone competent or credible, and it diminishes the credibility of anyone that uses it.

Here's a list of papers that concluded 97% conspiracy theory:

All of them are garbage. And anyone with a scientific background that glanced at the consensus claim, would be embarrassed by it.

A claim of consensus is not a refutation of what I said, but a dodge based on ignorance or dishonesty.

So why do you think that global warming theory involves air heating the ocean? Have you ever stood barefoot on the beach in the sun and nearly burned your feet, even though the air is a pleasant temperature? Try standing barefoot on a metal roof in the sun if that doesn't convince you. Such a silly idea flys in the face of common sense experience.
Because that's the theory of CO2 and warming?!?! (That CO2 is a greenhouse gas that traps light and converts it into heat).I t's like you people are unaware of what the theory is. It's saying that CO2 (e.g. air) is capturing more heat than it was, because the concentration of CO2 is going up. That would mean that the air is getting warmer.

Yes, radiative forcing (meaning the sunlight warming something directly) is a stronger forcing factor than CO2/AGW. That's why the sand is hotter than the air.... but radiative forcing is not what they mean when they say climate change (that's weather). That would only change by changes in solar output -- which would explain the warming, but refute man as the cause (unless someone tweaked the dial for solar output).

Because that's the theory of CO2 and warming?!?! (That CO2 is a greenhouse gas that traps light and converts it into heat).I t's like you people are unaware of what the theory is. It's saying that CO2 (e.g. air) is capturing more heat than it was, because the concentration of CO2 is going up. That would mean that the air is getting warmer.

Yes, radiative forcing (meaning the sunlight warming something directly) is a stronger forcing factor than CO2/AGW. That's why the sand is hotter than the air.... but radiative forcing is not what they mean when they say climate change (that's weather). That would only change by changes in solar output -- which would explain the warming, but refute man as the cause (unless someone tweaked the dial for solar output).

You still do not understand CO2 and greenhouse effect. Like glass, CO2 lets light through but traps heat. Lack of reading, or any comprehension indeed. If CO2 absorbs light and converts it into heat, then no sunlight would reach the earth's surface. LOL

Last edited: