Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Climate control error

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys, I have a 2014 P85 and I’m hoping someone can help me identify what an error notification I have actually means, and if I should actually contact Tesla about it.

THC_d0021_RCCMActuator: Contact Tesla Service

1AF423DC-58AE-4A7D-8E69-5D8E822677BD.jpeg

AC seems to be working fine, gets nice and cold, though the refrigerant does bubble a bit, which can be heard from within the cabin.
Any ideas?

It says to contact Tesla service. Other than trying to save money, why wouldn't you? If you don't, it could cause bigger(more expensive) problems later on.

I'm still under the pre-owned 2 year/100k warranty, so I imagine it should cover whatever it would be. Just not sure if they would actually do anything since it seems to be functioning fine, just that error that I shouldn't be able to see anyway.

Thank you, I scheduled an appointment, but hoping it's something mobile service can do.
Reviving this from the dead but what ever happened with your service appointment? Did they fix anything? It seems a lot of people have this error hidden in service mode and that's probably why we're seeing revived interest on this thread now.

Reactions: kfly212
I have had this hidden alert for literally years. However when i pulled off the bumper to check, the actuator was working perfectly fine.

If I clear the code, it just comes back fairly soon. Overall I pretty much have ignored it since there isn't really anything wrong. My assumption is that it may be miscalibrated and thus thinks it is not open *enough* to make the ECU happy, but when i checked, it literally couldn't be opened any more than it was.

Unless it comes up when not in service mode, its working as intended.

Reactions: Horus1
I have had this hidden alert for literally years. However when i pulled off the bumper to check, the actuator was working perfectly fine.

If I clear the code, it just comes back fairly soon. Overall I pretty much have ignored it since there isn't really anything wrong. My assumption is that it may be miscalibrated and thus thinks it is not open *enough* to make the ECU happy, but when i checked, it literally couldn't be opened any more than it was.

Unless it comes up when not in service mode, its working as intended.
How did you manually clear the code?