Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Climate Control Issue?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I set my cabin climate control to AUTO in either Heating or Cooling mode, the fan always changes to the Windshield Defrost port. It can be 90* inside and the fan goes to 8 and blows out the Defrost port which is very noisy and not efficient in cooling the cabin. The system used to blow out the normal vents but at some point recently changed to this new method. I have to keep the system on Manual mode to get the normal verts to work.

Anyone else notice this change? Is this the new normal?

When I set my cabin climate control to AUTO in either Heating or Cooling mode, the fan always changes to the Windshield Defrost port. It can be 90* inside and the fan goes to 8 and blows out the Defrost port which is very noisy and not efficient in cooling the cabin. The system used to blow out the normal vents but at some point recently changed to this new method. I have to keep the system on Manual mode to get the normal verts to work.

Anyone else notice this change? Is this the new normal?

This is either a failed humidity sensor in the rear view mirror OR a software bug that will fix itself when the software is reinstalled (next software update or if Tesla Service pushes a software update to your vehicle). I recommend creating a service ticket in the app and describing the situation.

Reactions: OldPro
This is either a failed humidity sensor in the rear view mirror OR a software bug that will fix itself when the software is reinstalled (next software update or if Tesla Service pushes a software update to your vehicle). I recommend creating a service ticket in the app and describing the situation.
Thanks for the advice. I opened a ticket and explained the issue along with requesting a software update. They went ahead and pushed one out and the problem is now fixed.

Thanks for the advice. I opened a ticket and explained the issue along with requesting a software update. They went ahead and pushed one out and the problem is now fixed.

Glad it got fixed!

Software bugs can cause some really odd behavior… things you wouldn’t normally think were software related.

For several months after getting V11, the air from my floor vents were very hot and I got very little warm air from the front vents. But you could feel that the dash was warm to the touch, yet cool air was flowing out. It was really odd, kind of like a directional flapper valve was stuck somewhere.

Took it in for a windshield replacement and mentioned it. When I got it back, all was well. Could have just that shutting down the car fixed it or maybe they dug into the software, but it was fixed nonetheless with no parts being replaced.