Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clock off by 1 hour.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I drove from Central Montana to Seattle and finished drive yesterday. My Model 3 clock is stuck on Mountain time and hasn't changed. Calendar events are an hour off as well, but navigation map is accurate. Tried rebooting... no change. Any suggestions?

Tap on the time 3 times or press and hold on the time 3 or 4 seconds and release.
The universal fix for electronic items that are out-of-whack... tap/hit them a couple of times to get them working again.

Now that the OP's question has been answered, let the fun begin...

I drove from Central Montana to Seattle and finished drive yesterday. My Model 3 clock is stuck on Mountain time and hasn't changed. Calendar events are an hour off as well, but navigation map is accurate. Tried rebooting... no change. Any suggestions?
  • Don't change the clock; you'll always be early for your appointments
  • Return to Central Montana and live life there
  • Buy a new car and never leave Pacific Time Zone

The universal fix for electronic items that are out-of-whack... tap/hit them a couple of times to get them working again.

Whacking it is like third, though, in "IT universal fixes"

1. Have you turned it off and on again?
2. Have you uninstalled and reinstalled it (if possible)?
3. Have you taken it outside and beat it with a baseball bat, A-La Office space?

(should be the "clean version")

Tap on the time 3 times or press and hold on the time 3 or 4 seconds and release.

Fred
I had tried that. The first tap on the clock immediately opens my calendar in front of the clock, so it's not possible to tap 3 times...but I tried your other option; press and hold, and it immediately reset to the correct time! Thank you! Also it gave me extra gold coins in the center console.

Last edited:

Sadly, I've found being an hour early is frequently just as annoying as being an hour late. I have decided to drive back to Montana and leave this car there, then come home and buy a second Tesla for the Pacific Time zone, as you suggested. That was really excellent advice. Eventually I hope to have a Tesla in every time zone so that the clock will always be accurate.

This 'off by one hour' bug happened to me back in October, bugged the hell out of me but not enough to google it for quite some time. When I finally googled it, I saw a mention of the hold-touch-clock technique and thought, 'who the hell would think to do that?'. Glad it worked though.

I'd still like to know why my car knew what the proper time was but decided to show it in a different way.

This 'off by one hour' bug happened to me back in October, bugged the hell out of me but not enough to google it for quite some time. When I finally googled it, I saw a mention of the hold-touch-clock technique and thought, 'who the hell would think to do that?'. Glad it worked though.

I'd still like to know why my car knew what the proper time was but decided to show it in a different way.
it's a sign of affection much like the shoebill, time to assert your dominance