Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clunking while turning at low speed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Started about a month ago and progressively got worse

If I’m turning at low speed the front end has a clunk, whether it’s forward or reversing. Very audible too and it sounds like a metal clunk. I have replaced my endlinks thinking it was that but nothing. Sway bar is good, which leads me to think it could be either the axle or coilover.

Any thoughts?

yup, i did install coilovers but that was almost 2 months ago. The clunking should of been present after the install if something was off but who knows it could be that
I have had slightly loose bolts get worse over time. I’d start with confirming every bolt you touched has been torqued. In my experience, 9 times out of 10 a clunk is something I forgot to fully tighten.

Definitely double-check the top nut on the damper. That is easy to under-torque and will result in clunking.

Reactions: MrFusion4
I have had slightly loose bolts get worse over time. I’d start with confirming every bolt you touched has been torqued. In my experience, 9 times out of 10 a clunk is something I forgot to fully tighten.

Definitely double-check the top nut on the damper. That is easy to under-torque and will result in clunking.
i actually checked that one yesterday so i eliminated that one. I might suspect is could be the pillow joint or maybe even the one to the control arm