Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Y Clunk Noise over the bumps | 2023 RWD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a service appointment tomorrow with the local Tesla .they say it might not be body flex as battery is secured by multiple bolts . I hope they fix the issue by taking battery out and padding it,rather than brush it off as body flex.🤞
I am heartened to know that some Tesla Service has the care to dismantle the battery for padding it. Here in Italy still nothing, and I would like to report the problem to Tesla somehow because it is very annoying and it is not correct to have this noise from a new car. Could you keep us updated on your appointment at Tesla?

I am heartened to know that some Tesla Service has the care to dismantle the battery for padding it. Here in Italy still nothing, and I would like to report the problem to Tesla somehow because it is very annoying and it is not correct to have this noise from a new car. Could you keep us updated on your appointment at Tesla?
Do you have more than 1 service center you can go to? They need to install “HV compression strips” to stop the flex pop noise.

I was able to demonstrate the noise to the service tech and they asked me to book a further appointment as the boot has to be to striped to detect the source of the issue. quite surprisingly after heading back , I have seen that if I were to drive the vehicle with tailgate lid raised , there is no noise even over pavement. So I have loosened the lower 2 rubber stoppers on the boot lid and that has reduced rattle considerably. So loosen the stoppers till you see 3 grooves of thread and test drive .if you hear the noise then slightly loosen quarter of a turn. This will considerably reduce the noise when the vehicle twists over pavements.

Ciao, hai risolto? Anche la mia stesso rumore ed hanno cambiato i cuscinetti anteriori ma poi il rumore è tornato..

i am happy to report that the trunk rattle has completely gone. all i have done is to smear autoglym rubber and vinyl care over all the rubber seals and metal frame that touches the seals. i have even removed the bottom rubber stoppers on trunk and applied the lubricant over it.
now, the vehicle is completely silent even when driven over pavement. this is only temp fix as the lubricant will wear out and have to re applied again.

Ciao, hai risolto? Anche la mia stesso rumore ed hanno cambiato i cuscinetti anteriori ma poi il rumore è tornato..
I still haven't solved it.

If you had solved it with the front bearings, then surely it's those. It's just that they are defective and then the problem comes back. So with their original part you can't solve it.

Io no ho ancora risolto.

Se con i cuscinetti anteriori avevi risolto, allora sicuramente sono quelli. Solo che essendo difettosi poi torna il problema. Quindi con il loro pezzo originale non si risolve.