Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coda Automotive (formerly Miles Automotive Group)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another round of layoffs from Coda. Can't say it wasn't expected.

On Friday, January 4th CODA furloughed a number of employees as the Company takes necessary action to bolster its financing and better position the business going forward. The Company has kept in place a sufficient number of staff to keep the Company operational and remains committed to the continued development and distribution of its products. During this period, CODA will continue to provide service to its dealers and customers. While unfortunate, we are confident this temporary action will allow the Company to strategically direct resources towards critical operations and put the Company on a more sustainable path.

More layoffs at Coda Automotive

The fate of their flagship store in the Century City mall.... RIP

2013-01-08 11.48.43.jpg

Coda came to the game too late. They needed their sedan to launch in 2009 if they wanted to be anywhere near successful. Oh well, there's only 2 of the plugin start ups left really, Tesla and Fisker, the latter seems to be near death as well.

Coda came to the game too late. They needed their sedan to launch in 2009 if they wanted to be anywhere near successful.
Coda's been kicking around in one form or another for some time now. (This thread started in 2007.)

I remember at the end of 2010 when they were just about to finally launch, last minute they announced they were going push back production by a year. By then the Nissan Leaf pricing and already been announced and deliveries were just starting, and Coda was going to push back another year. They were declared toast right then.

Supposedly they're trying to shift their business away from manufacturing cars. That's probably a good idea.

Electric car startup Coda quietly dealing with lawsuits over unpaid bills - GigaOm - Tech News and Analysis

Court records show that startup Coda Automative, already wrestling with layoffs and very slow sales of its first electric car, has been fending off a number of lawsuits for not paying its bills on time. Vendors, including car engineering and development company RLE International (as well as an affiliate contract work company RTECH), vehicle development services company EDAG, and vehicle testing company FEV, have all filed lawsuits against Coda within the last six or so months, alleging that Coda owes them money for services.

Slightly miffed that I sent in a tip about the FEV lawsuit which sparked this article and didn't get an acknowledgement.

UQM Tech Spills Beans On CODA, Writes Them Off - InsideEVs.com

UQM Technologies, supplier of electric propulsion systems to CODA automotive, reported fiscal third quarter results today, and it so doing let the cat out of the bag when it comes to CODA. They are essentially dead.
UQM tech says that CODA is “significantly delinquent in the payment” for their PowerPhase Pro 100 electric propulsion system inside the electric sedan, and they are now writing off that debt ($3,833,860) in their most recent 10-Q because they don’t think CODA can, or ever will, pay.

Electric car startup Coda quietly dealing with lawsuits over unpaid bills - GigaOm - Tech News and Analysis

Slightly miffed that I sent in a tip about the FEV lawsuit which sparked this article and didn't get an acknowledgement.
I brought up FEV a few weeks ago at CA spends $3M on 6 EV Taxis - Page 2.

Also, FWIW, I discovered that http://www.codaautomotive.com/ seemed down last night and is still down. Is It Down Right Now? Website Down or Not? also said the same thing last night and now. Anyone know what's up with that?