Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coda Automotive (formerly Miles Automotive Group)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
.... I'm wondering if the problem is production; with few cars to show, it's hard to create interest. That and they have minimal market awareness.....

Tesla has done a good job of moving few Ss' around the country making it seem there are more. I saw a Coda on the weekend and two different ones yesterday. All drive-able. Did the LA store have any left? Thanks to those above for the corrections.

Last edited:
I visited the Coda dealer today. A few thoughts
- Interior and exterior were okay. It's obviously an econo-car body and interior. But what's interesting is the additions to the Mitsubishi based chassis by Coda had some nice touches. The gear/speed selector design was superior to the rest of the interior. Kinda sticks out but in a good way. There is door sill trim with back-illuminated "CODA" which is also a nice touch but slightly out of place in the econo-interior.
- Acceleration was good though louder than my Volt. No worries about merging. Not sure of the 0-60.
- Handling was excellent! They laid the battery in a similar manner to the Model S where it's in the floor and between the 4 wheels. The sales person encouraged me to push it around the corner hard. The tires are not LRR tires (Kumho) so if you wanted to hypermile there is room for improvement on your next set of tires.
- The battery pack protrudes slightly into the interior floor taking about an inch of room from the floor. The rest is about 2 inches beneath the floor and can be seen sticking out under the floor if you get down and look. I think that's why the car looks as if it's slightly lifted from the wheel arch gap so the battery could clear speed bumps.
- Apparently there is a battery buffer so when you run out of charge by the meter's standard you can still go further. Once you are in the buffer after several miles the system will limit you to 60mph. Then after several more miles it will drop that to 35(?) mph. They had one person go into the buffer and after 13 more miles did not hit the 60mph barrier.
-Battery chemistry is Lithium Iron Phosphate and have a 10 year 100,000 miles warranty on the battery.
-The model I drove was pre-production and the brakes were mushy which the dealer said is much firmer on the production cars. The brakes were good if they were firmer. There was little regen when taking the foot off the pedal and it's not adjustable. But I didn't notice the brakes transitioning between regen and mechanical and the dealer said it's because there is so much regen in the brake pedal that you'd only hit the mechanical brakes in an emergency situation.
-Stereo is Alpine similar to the Roadster and has a menu with Coda specific software for tech details, power output, range, etc.

I think if cost is an issue it's a good alternative to the base Model S. Range is slightly lower but with the impressive handling and smaller easier to park car it's an excellent 2nd car.

8 cars.

in los angeles?

after 1.5 months?

i'd bet the sales were to coda insiders like the first 2 they admit to selling.

here we are using taxpayer dollars (9-10k) to subsidize a junky chinese built e-car while american volts (a Much better concept for transitioning to all time e-cars) sit on the lot.

funded by no less than the finest human specimens that goldman sachs has to offer. with a puffed up ----totally critica----l batt control system designed by who again? mercedes? ford? honda? or some no name bargain basement garage operation. it's the last one in the list.

good luck on reliability given the source of the brains to this vehicle:)

this thing has funk written all over it and it should piss any taxpayer off that they are putting money into the pockets that would be receiving it should somebody other than these 8 poor souls make the same mistake.

there are some really good choices out there and some coming up.....this avis/hertz castoff ain't it imho:)

i think 8 units of this crap will be just fine

"Coda says it's receiving orders and there is a waiting list. They won't comment on volume but seem fine with what they have."

waiting list.......cheyaeh.......where's that bagdhad bob guy been anyway? maybe out fixing the controller bugs in this thing like he was doing for the last 4 years eh?

the coda / goldman sachs principals and their chinese gov't overlords will have that comment on volume once they've fleeced the taxpayers in rebates for the sale of 100 of these things. or once they get obama to decree that all fed goverments must "fleet" these. thankfully at least there is some silver lining in that perhaps the decree will come for the volt (aka government motors) which stands glacially over this flimsy scam of an e-car.

8 cars.

in los angeles?

after 1.5 months?

i'd bet the sales were to coda insiders like the first 2 they admit to selling.

here we are using taxpayer dollars (9-10k) to subsidize a junky chinese built e-car while american volts (a Much better concept for transitioning to all time e-cars) sit on the lot.

funded by no less than the finest human specimens that goldman sachs has to offer. with a puffed up ----totally critica----l batt control system designed by who again? mercedes? ford? honda? or some no name bargain basement garage operation. it's the last one in the list.

good luck on reliability given the source of the brains to this vehicle:)

this thing has funk written all over it and it should piss any taxpayer off that they are putting money into the pockets that would be receiving it should somebody other than these 8 poor souls make the same mistake.

there are some really good choices out there and some coming up.....this avis/hertz castoff ain't it imho:)

i think 8 units of this crap will be just fine

"Coda says it's receiving orders and there is a waiting list. They won't comment on volume but seem fine with what they have."

waiting list.......cheyaeh.......where's that bagdhad bob guy been anyway? maybe out fixing the controller bugs in this thing like he was doing for the last 4 years eh?

the coda / goldman sachs principals and their chinese gov't overlords will have that comment on volume once they've fleeced the taxpayers in rebates for the sale of 100 of these things. or once they get obama to decree that all fed goverments must "fleet" these. thankfully at least there is some silver lining in that perhaps the decree will come for the volt (aka government motors) which stands glacially over this flimsy scam of an e-car.

Is this Kent?