Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

code THC_w0105 - Coolant low

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
model: Model S, 2016 P90D
error: code THC_w0105 - Coolant low, schedule service

took it to tesla. they charged me 24.95 to

1. top if off
2. check if there were any real leaks

took 30 mins total / may be 45 ?

keeping us informed to ensure we're aware that is a simple option. I think if you go in with the error - the first thing they do is top if off, check for warning, addional leaks and then other things.

fui..

From your description is sounds like you maybe just stopped by without having scheduled a service appointment? If you did schedule an appointment, I'm curious what your initial service estimate said.

I had the exact same error recently on my June 2016 build MS90D and had it in for service 3 weeks ago. My initial service estimate was over $1100 which they acknowledged was the worst case and included replacing all the likely leaking components ... 4way coolant valve, 3way radiator bypass valve, and 3way chiller bypass valve. In my case they ended up replacing the 3-way radiator bypass valve to fix the leak. My final involve included a $90 general diagnosis charge, which at the local labor rates for my service center is a half hour labor charge.

If you just dropped in without an appointment, then I'm suspicious they just quickly topped up the system without really taking the time to check for all sources of leaks. I may be wrong, but just my hunch. My understanding is it's a sealed system and really any low coolant indication should be considered to be indication of a leak somewhere.

Just my two cents worth. Enjoy your car.

Reactions: SilverGS