Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cold air up front, hot air in back...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Weird thing just happened. Had a/c on and it was blowing cold air from the vents up front, but blowing hot air from the back seat vent. I’m on 2020.28.5 (just got yesterday or the day before). Cold air up front means the compressor is working, so it must be an issue of how air is being routed. I used the car about 2 weeks ago and both the front and rear a/c vents blew cold. I suspect a software bug/glitch. I’ll reboot tomorrow and retest. I see I’m getting a notification of another update already. Maybe that will fix it...

Crazy theory but the update was meant to turn off passenger side air con on the model Y when someone was not sitting in the seat. Does the heat stop to the back when someone is sitting passenger side front?
Possibility. Could be cold air is not sent to the back when no one is in the front passenger seat. In my case, my wife was in the back next to the baby seat and the front passenger seat was empty. Two weeks ago, same conditions, everything worked fine. This time we are on 2020.28.5 and it doesn’t. I can try faking it out by putting something on the front passenger seat. I might load the new update first, though, to see if that does it.