Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Collection of my inexpensive mods

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just thought I would share what I have done to my car.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

8.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
9.jpg
20190118_123206.jpg

Great minds think alike!!!!

I used the same wireless charging pad ( fast charging option as to allow me to only use 1 USB port for the 2 independent charging sides ) , however I ran an additional 12V port instead. Positapped from the armrest 12 volt port so there was no soldering or any disruption of Tesla's wiring.

Also...the 12V port in the armrest is untouched.....I still have that available.

12Vport.jpg

12Vport2.jpg

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: chinnam3 and Cowby
I've installed many additional changes....here are 2 in the front and back.

Hidden Licence plate ( I really didn't want to mount my licence plate on the front ) . You can also see the rim protectors and my red T in the middle. Its hard to see but I carbon fiber wrapped the insert that holds the red T in the middle.

I whited out the both the front and rear T and lit up the rear T. ( 2 levels of brightness 1. regular 2. brake (brighter) )

Lighted T.jpg

Hidden Licence plate ( I really didn't want to mount my licence plate on the front ) . You can also see the rim protectors and my red T in the middle. Its hard to see but I carbon fiber wrapped the insert that holds the red T in the middle.

I whited out the both the front and rear T and lit up the rear T. ( 2 levels of brightness 1. regular 2. brake (brighter) )

View attachment 370049
That front plate is legit! Any pictures of it?

Those modifications are really neat! Could you share the 3D models you printed? I'm too nervous to do any of the electrical modifications yet, but those are awesome too (and I'm sure links to the components used could help others in the future, if you could provide those as well)

Here is the parts list
1. Te-rich outlet extender:
https://www.amazon.com/Splitter-Te-Rich-Cigarette-Lighter-Extender/dp/B07919SSGH

2. T tap wire connector for trunk led
https://www.amazon.com/Low-Voltage-Wire-splice-connectors/dp/B072N7S3DL

2a. Any 12v LED strip
Since I tap the led trunk to the left light in the trunk using the T tap connector above, the trunk led strip need to be the same 12v. There are many on eBay.
E.g. LED Strip 5050 Black PCB DC12V Flexible LED Light for Car Boat home decoration | eBay

3. Taptes wireless charging pad
Wireless Phone Charger for Tesla Model 3, Wireless Charging for iPhone

4. USB 5v Bluetooth RGB controller
Mini WIFI LED RGB Controller 5V Bluetooth Light Strip dimmer IOS / Android APP | eBay

4a. Buy any 5v RGB led strip to pair with this. Since the Bluetooth controller can only output 5v, you will need a led strip that accepts 5v to work. A 12v LED strip will not work.

4b. 4 pin wire for RGB led (not needed if you can find a 5v led strip with this soldered in at 1 end already. It will be plug n play into the controller. Else you will need to solder 4a and 4b to use with the controller.)
1pc 50cm 4pin red male flat connecting wire for rgb 3528 5050 led strip light HI 747710039851 | eBay

5. Headrest cushion
2 Black Leather Car Auto Memory Foam Pillow Seat Head Neck Headrest Rest Cushion 702921014936 | eBay

6. Led light string. I got the USB version.
Glow LED Light String Strip Rope El Wire Car Dance Party + 3V/12V/USB Controller | eBay

6a. 3m double sided tape for the led string
3M 300LSE Double Sided-SUPER STICKY HEAVY DUTY ADHESIVE TAPE - Cell Phone Repair | eBay

7. Molded center console tray
For Tesla Model 3 Center Console Tray with Coin and Sunglass holder 1pcs new | eBay

I will upload my 3d design up one of these days. I haven't got a chance to do that.

Last edited:

View attachment 370049

Which kit did you use for the hidden License plate? I'm thinking of doing the same and what did you use for power and the switch? Any issues with clearance from the bottom when parking?

Which kit did you use for the hidden License plate? I'm thinking of doing the same and what did you use for power and the switch? Any issues with clearance from the bottom when parking?

I used "Hide-a-Plate"

https://www.amazon.com/Corvette-Sti...8&qid=1548701607&sr=8-8&keywords=hide+a+plate

It comes with 2 remote controls - so there are no switches.

I just ran the plus and minus wires to the 12V battery using positaps and that was it. ( I had to remove the frunk bucket of course - about 5 or 6 bolts ) and that was it. No soldering - No tape - No cutting wires /splicing or anything.

https://www.amazon.com/Lockitt-POSI...1548701840&sr=1-2&keywords=positap+connectors

Last edited: