Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Colmo ceramic key ring

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is a very cool idea. Would love to hear what you think when you get it! 7mm isn't bad, my wedding ring is 6mm roughly I believe.. gotta love the stock photo's they photochop the ring onto people lol... can't just get a couple pictures of it on real people :)

I don't understand the need for something like this. Most people regularly carry their phones on them nowadays which works as your key. From that video, you need to touch the door with the actual ring....this seems like an unnecessary extra step vs. walking up with your phone in your pocket and simply opening the door.

I don't understand the need for something like this. Most people regularly carry their phones on them nowadays which works as your key. From that video, you need to touch the door with the actual ring....this seems like an unnecessary extra step vs. walking up with your phone in your pocket and simply opening the door.
I think it's more of an alternative for always carrying a key card with you, which you need to do as otherwise you won't be able to drive when your phone runs out of power or crashes etc.

Maybe some people don't have a reliable phone or they don't want to carry a phone with them whenever they drive or they just like the novelty of having a magic ring? For me, the phone app works very reliably and I always carry my phone with me whenever I drive anyway. The ring is just a key card in a different form and has the same functionality and limitations (e.g., no walk-away-lock). I already carry a key card in my wallet for backup and I don't wear any jewelry, so the ring isn't something useful or appealing to me. Also, if I'm going to spend $120 for this ring, I might as well spend $30 more to get the key fob which offers more functionality, including passive unlock.

Everyone has different values, needs and situations, so if this ring is useful, meaningful and worth the cost, by all means get one. It's certainly a creative solution and not as drastic as the body implant. ;)

Last edited:
I guess it's no different than Star Wars nerds buying crazy expensive light sabers.

A true Jedi makes their own.

9AF2C672-1F62-4953-82F0-5E311541D619.jpeg

Attachments

• C29861F4-22D4-482B-A330-7EA2249E8ACF.jpeg
    C29861F4-22D4-482B-A330-7EA2249E8ACF.jpeg
    267.6 KB · Views: 180
  • Funny
Reactions: drewMYS and Rg3500
I received the ring. I didn't realize that it had to ship from China as the listing on the auction showed the location as Portland.

As expected, it was easy to add to my key list, but the car needs an active key card to add new key cards.

This will be perfect for boogie boarding when I don't have the ability to carry neither my phone nor my key card with me into the water.

Here's a pic:

Untitled by tk_1971, on Flickr

What do you think? Hand model worthy?

I received the ring. I didn't realize that it had to ship from China as the listing on the auction showed the location as Portland.

As expected, it was easy to add to my key list, but the car needs an active key card to add new key cards.

This will be perfect for boogie boarding when I don't have the ability to carry neither my phone nor my key card with me into the water.

Here's a pic:

Untitled by tk_1971, on Flickr

What do you think? Hand model worthy?
George Costanza has nothing on you!

Wife and I both got one but we ordered the ones from Georgia. They work well. I don’t always have my cell phone with me and almost never have the App running. I wear the ring 7/24. Handy. Cheap. The ones from Georgia are made from wood. Company is called CNICK

Never, not ever did I think I would be posting naked pictures of my hand on a Tesla forum...although my hand is clearly sexier than the TK1971's. :)

One edit. Found the link.

https://www.teslaring.com/

49787322107_1c9b6c0a5a_c.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: cancoi and tk1971