Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Color change question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would hold off on making any changes (unless you are wanting to move from a SR to an AWD/PAWD), especially if you locked in at a lower price. From what I see, you will be able to confirm and make changes (paint, wheels etc) to order once you are contacted that you need to finalize your configuration.

Yeah I thought about changing colors too. Right now I’m at white when the price for ap and fsd changes so I’m at 58. If o change colors it goes to 60 so I held off. I’m cool with white but wanted to change to msm. I bet if the rep changed it it would go way up. I kinda figured any changes even color goes to current pricing

i was a late pre-order so i stuck with the white, but was eventually changed without being asked, to the 20 inch black induction wheels. i actually think i want blue but will offset the increased cost by going back to the 19 inch wheels, because i don't think the blue looks that great with the black wheels. and i'm too old for the red (sigh)

• Funny
Reactions: iustin
I am a late pre-order also (mid Jan) and ordered the blue. My friend has a blue Model 3 and I liked it. I didn't want white as there are so many white Model 3's around where I live. The problem is I thought we'd still have chrome and not the dark handles as those handles are going to be hard to see in the dark. Of course, if Tesla would add an option to light the interior lights when the cell phone approaches would help that, but would have to settle using the flashlight on the iPhone if needed. I was debating going red as the CEO of my company has a red Model S and I've liked the sighting photos of the red.

As for wheels, most people don't seem to like the Gemini covers. I think I like them better than the aero cover, so glad I was upgraded.

i was a late pre-order so i stuck with the white, but was eventually changed without being asked, to the 20 inch black induction wheels. i actually think i want blue but will offset the increased cost by going back to the 19 inch wheels, because i don't think the blue looks that great with the black wheels. and i'm too old for the red (sigh)

We are on the same boat! :D

Today I saw a blue Model Y under the sun, and the devil on my shoulder kept tempting me to change the color to blue. Eventually the angel prevails.

Too old for the red? Nah. Well, I don't know you, but if you like the red, why not?

I also like the red/black wheel combination the most, the blue is too dark for my liking from what I've saw in various pictures. By the time it will be available in Europe, I'll have enough pictures to change my mind though ten times :(

LOL...what age is too old for RED? :eek:

Reactions: iustin
i was just kidding with that, but i have a feeling i would get tired of it.
hahahah fair...I think everybody would get tired of looking at their car after awhile. But I personally like the red, Tesla red is also a bit different. It's not too vibrant, and flashy, but more of a luxury muted tone that doesn't scream for too much attention. Don't want to be driving a pylon around.

Reactions: Aarons12
hahahah fair...I think everybody would get tired of looking at their car after awhile. But I personally like the red, Tesla red is also a bit different. It's not too vibrant, and flashy, but more of a luxury muted tone that doesn't scream for too much attention. Don't want to be driving a pylon around.
my original thought was that whatever color i picked, i would eventually have it wrapped. but i did a little more reading about wraps, and they require maintenance and only last a couple of years. so now i'm trying to pick the color i'll be happiest with. just thinking i might take another ride to the store that's near me after i type this.

Going blue (I love how the color shifts depending on lighting) white interior and the 20” wheels. They match the chrome delete so well

This would have been my choice if I didn't live in the Bay Area where potholes are numerous, deep, and don't get fixed. I've destroyed one or two tires on 18" wheels in a BMW driving normal speeds and not seeing a new pothole on a rainy night. Instead, I'm going with the 19's. It would be great if there were some 19's in the color of the chrome delete. I also am going with the blue and white color combo, btw.

This would have been my choice if I didn't live in the Bay Area where potholes are numerous, deep, and don't get fixed. I've destroyed one or two tires on 18" wheels in a BMW driving normal speeds and not seeing a new pothole on a rainy night. Instead, I'm going with the 19's. It would be great if there were some 19's in the color of the chrome delete. I also am going with the blue and white color combo, btw.

I was same boat as you but based off my calculations there is only about a .5 inch difference (thank you Tire Rack for leaking tire sizes) in the size of the sidewalks between the 19”s and the 20”s. I decided to be reckless and go with the 20”s

I may change my mind as people receive their cars and report back on the forum. But for now, it’s the 20”s.