Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Color Selection

What color option is best for a Tesla M3P?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered an M3P in white, but am now on the fence on whether I should change it to the MSM color. Any thoughts one way or another? My last few cars have been white just because they stay cooler under the sun and you don't see swirl marks and scratches as much.

I can feel with you - OK, I own a solid black Model S. At least it used to be solid black...

Thinking about the color of my (maybe) soon to be Model 3. Red or white... The MSM with black interior and the new chrome delete is what 99.99% of the cars on (European) roads look like. Aka boring.

Too bad M3P doesn't come with hitch.

I can feel with you - OK, I own a solid black Model S. At least it used to be solid black...

Thinking about the color of my (maybe) soon to be Model 3. Red or white... The MSM with black interior and the new chrome delete is what 99.99% of the cars on (European) roads look like. Aka boring.

Too bad M3P doesn't come with hitch.
Alright so you might be team white! LOL
I had preordered the white/on white M3P. Just had some doubts if I should change.

Its W/W or R/W here. I really want the W interior. Can't take blue, as my business partner and my father in law both have the same blue car (both B interior, though) and I want to be different... Everyone's got blue around here. Oh wait: or White.

Red then. Or wrap...

I really like the blue but am sooooo afraid of my OCD with seeing any type of swirl marks, etc. with the blue.

I have the blue with white interior and I share your distate for swirl marks and sratches. Right after taking delivery, I had Xpel PPF applied to the whole car and after nearly 2 years of ownership, I have practically zero swirl marks.

If you don't want to go the PPF route, you could just protect the paint as best you can and then do a correction/polishing every couple of years.

I say get the color you love and don't worry about the upkeep.

Reactions: ItsMeCarlos
I have the blue with white interior and I share your distate for swirl marks and sratches. Right after taking delivery, I had Xpel PPF applied to the whole car and after nearly 2 years of ownership, I have practically zero swirl marks.

If you don't want to go the PPF route, you could just protect the paint as best you can and then do a correction/polishing every couple of years.

I say get the color you love and don't worry about the upkeep.
Thanks @joebruin77 I don't know if my OCD will let me "not worry". LOL

I was all set with MGM, but changed my mind to blue. Tint those windows, with chrome delete and I think it's the best looking combo. I've had so many grey/graphite cars, that I need something different. Really wanted to go with the white interior, but way too nervous about stains to even consider it. To the OP, if you are as OCD as you say, I wouldn't worry about swirl marks on the exterior, I'd be waaaaaay more nervous about the white interior getting stained and dirty.

Reactions: ItsMeCarlos
Red looks the best of all. It is exactly the correct shade/tone of red.

When we picked up my car at the tesla parking area, we looked at all the cars (a hundred at least). My wife was leaning toward getting a blue car but now wants a red one. I told her, no way we are having 2 red m3 cars.

Take an up close look of a dozen m3 cars (or more). The paint job varies greatly.