Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Colorado Superchargers (location speculation, discussion)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems like the tech center one is really needed but a long ways off. I've literally never seen an open stall at Park Meadows.
If you'd been there at 11:59 pm on 12/31/19, you would've seen 9 out of 10 of them were empty. Don't ask me how I know. ;)

2020-01-02.jpg

Don't worry, it's cream soda.

Maybe it’s because I live and work in the DTC area but that location to me seems like it would be more for people who live in apartments with no charging available versus necessary for long distance travel. Granted I only used the Park Meadows SC when I first got the car and couldn’t even L1 charge at home and a year ago first thing in the morning was the only time I saw Park Meadows SC less than half full.
Personally(selfishly) I’d like to see the Walsenburg SC built next and then one somewhere between Vail and Eagle so you can chose between Idaho Springs, Edwards/Eagle, and Glenwood which I would hope would spread out the demand.

Reactions: HillCountryFun
The mountains make it difficult. It a stretch to drive from Denver to Durango with the proposed list.
What car so you have? We can easily make it to Durango with a quick 19 minute charge in Poncha Springs. However, it would be nice if there was a Supercharger in Durango. Fortunately the DoubleTree has 2 Tesla destination chargers and 2 J1772.

Conifer will hopefully be coming this year. We don't need it but it might be helpful for people coming from downtown, east of Denver or those with smaller battery capacities.

Reactions: cstork
What car so you have? We can easily make it to Durango with a quick 19 minute charge in Poncha Springs. However, it would be nice if there was a Supercharger in Durango. Fortunately the DoubleTree has 2 Tesla destination chargers and 2 J1772.

Conifer will hopefully be coming this year. We don't need it but it might be helpful for people coming from downtown, east of Denver or those with smaller battery capacities.
Alamosa would help with trips from the Front Range to Durango as well as to Great Sand Dunes NP. I'd like to see Conifer because it would mean shorter stops in Poncha Springs and Boulder, now well over an hour.

However, it seems clear that Tesla is focused on expanding capacity in areas that are crowded, such as California and the East Coast, rather than expanding the reach of the Supercharger network. Can't argue with that approach although it is disappointing for those of us who live and travel far from the Interstate highway system.

So, Idaho Springs is under construction on the heavily trafficked I-70 route. Alamosa, Conifer, Steamboat, Montrose, Telluride? No apparent progress.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kirbster and cstork
Personally(selfishly) I’d like to see the Walsenburg SC built next
I'm also waiting for Walsenburg. It first showed up on the Tesla SC map as "end of 2018."
I did some aerial reconnaissance last month checking out both interchanges and could find zero signs of construction. There are very few likely locations for this SC in Walsenburg, the most probable being at the northern I-25 interchange.

• Informative
Reactions: Kirbster
Um.. two new stations for you guys in and around Denver.

Thornton, CO: 237 E 120th Ave, Thornton, CO 80233

Brighton, CO: 5112 E Bromley Ln, Brighton, CO 80603
View attachment 502628 View attachment 502629
Nice and thanks. Looks like they are both at Kum & Go, as in Idaho Springs. Don't forget to add to supercharger.info!

Now we just need signs of construction in Wheat Ridge!