TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Colour match for Sport Wheels

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by Felvy, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Felvy

Felvy Member

So the inevitable has happened. I curbed my wheel today. I'm planning to just do some sanding and use touch up paint. It won't be perfect but I've got no repair services for rims near me.

Anyone know what the colour is? T Sportline has a silver that they says matches Tesla silver wheels but are they all the same? Never compared mine to an S or X.

T Sportline Tesla Wheel Touch Up Paint

2. Tsportline

Tsportline Vendor

19" Sport Wheels are the same color as Model S or X factory silver wheels.

3. CaptainAwesome

So...Brilliant Silver?

4. Felvy

Felvy Member

I guess not, T Sportline emailed me back to say it wouldn't match. I talked to teslasuper.store and they said their OEM sonic silver matches. So I've ordered from there. I'll update this thread so anyone in the same boat can find this down the road.

5. reneki

reneki New Member

Did you end up receiving this and confirming it matches? I wanted to pick it up also if so.

6. Felvy

Felvy Member

Sonic Silver isn't a match. It's close but it's more metallic then the wheel and a tad darker. They're sending me another colour to try, I'll update when I've tried it!

7. devsters

devsters Member

Hey any update? I've got some nasty curb rash myself :/

8. JCYVR

JCYVR Member

We need the knowledge! Did you ever get a color match?

9. Felvy

Felvy Member

Sorry I never followed up.

Tried 2 different colours from TeslaSuper.store and neither matched, the rash looked better lol. Any wheel place within 100 miles wanted me to leave the wheel with them so I didn't bother. Tesla ended up giving me a new rim under good will! So I've got my curbed one as a spare.