Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Colours thread

What colours would you like to see?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since the T3 is the Model T of the 21st century, it's going to be any color as long as it's black.

Bright Red.
Bright Yellow
Scarab beetle green metallic
And the current assortment of Stalinist drabs they offer.

Wow. That is ridiculous. First of all, its' freaking carpet. Secondly, it's fugly; not impressive or interesting in the least. There's a lot I've heard about Portland that I think I'd really like, but that's pretty stupid.
so for the background - the fascination with the carpet didn't start so much for a fondness of the carpet itself as much as people on social media posting photos like the one below with comments about departing or returning home.
PDX_Carpet.jpg

The carpet is unmistakable as the PDX carpet and the trend caught on. For locals with a number of Ptld area friends on twitter or Facebook, you would see a photo like this multiple times a day announcing someone's arrival/departure. So when the Port announced they were changing it out, the trend blew up to an epic level and tons of 'pdx carpet' products started popping up in everything including keychains, socks, beer, coasters, etc.
The geometric pattern that was in the carpet is also an abstract version of the city's logo, so it's not just some random design someone in the 70s put together.

So if you want to take a picture of your feet to announce to social media (there's a reason why I don't log into Facebook) you're arriving/departing, keep doing it. The carpet makes no difference. But instead of doing that, people apparently freaked out to the point where there is an actual display of the old rug in the airport?

I mean give me a break. It's a dumb trend. If that's just what people do out there because they have no individuality and like to follow the crowd, then so be it. But it is silly.

Wikipedia said it replicated the runways.