Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Polaris, OH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone been by to check status? I’m in town for work on the east side, would love a closer charger than sawmill or downtown.

Might go check it out in the next few days.
I was by there on Sunday, still in progress. Looks like it passed it's electrical rough in inspection. If I remember sawmill construction the whole process was about 2.5 months. That included them waiting to have AEP install their transformer and tie into the high voltage lines. Then it sat for a week or so and just miraculously opened.

Drove by today. Looks like charging stalls were installed. Didn't get too close but progress. I'm guessing a month or so before active depending how quickly they finish install and get it to pass final inspection by city of Columbus. After that it's waiting on AEP to put a transformer in and connect and energize. Final step is Tesla commissioning, then it goes live.

Reactions: Hilbe
I was by there on Sunday, still in progress. Looks like it passed it's electrical rough in inspection. If I remember sawmill construction the whole process was about 2.5 months. That included them waiting to have AEP install their transformer and tie into the high voltage lines. Then it sat for a week or so and just miraculously opened.
Yeah, they had some issue with how the equipment was mounted so even though it was a working charger, they black-bagged all the stalls. Fun fact, I was there for the unofficial un-blackbagging with some other owners and we "opened" the charger with an employee during one of our owner lunches.

Yeah, they had some issue with how the equipment was mounted so even though it was a working charger, they black-bagged all the stalls. Fun fact, I was there for the unofficial un-blackbagging with some other owners and we "opened" the charger with an employee during one of our owner lunches.
Yeah my office is almost across the street and I watched it being built as I would go to lunch about once a week at Penn/5Guys/Mod. Helped me sell it to my wife that the supercharger was across street when we got the S 4 weeks ago. Polaris will be nice as it's closer to home (Delaware) but Sawmill close to work.

As others have said, hard to tell how long inspections and AEP’s part will take. Still, good to see progress. 10 stalls, two of which are nose-in.

Attachments

• 0B37C70C-EAB6-4D8F-BE86-CC907081FB6A.jpeg
    0B37C70C-EAB6-4D8F-BE86-CC907081FB6A.jpeg
    710.2 KB · Views: 132
  • 7D4F24F9-DC95-49E8-93EF-830657849D83.jpeg
    7D4F24F9-DC95-49E8-93EF-830657849D83.jpeg
    801.5 KB · Views: 116
Reactions: Acps110 and mociaf9
if you're charging at home, this won't even really be necessary since you're so close to work right? i guess it will be good if you're coming back from a road trip?
Initially before I installed a 14-50 outlet at home she wanted to know how i'd charge. I said with the Supercharger across the street from my office. I use the Supercharger now to charge most of the way, then top off at home. Mainly because i'm at lunch next to it at least once a week (even before buying the S).

Here are pics taken today. Tesla's website states this Supercharger is located at Target but it is actually located between Corelife and Kroger's (1177 Polaris Parkway). Workers thought it might be operational in a couple of weeks.
No, no. That's not how Tesla's map/website works. "Target opening in 2019" means that the supercharger is targeted to be operational in 2019. It's about scheduling, not location. Also, Tesla's grey "Coming Soon" pins aren't indicative of exact supercharger location. They only indicate the jurisdiction/neighborhood/town/city that a supercharger will go in, but can be dozens of miles away from the actual spot.

Thanks for the pics and update. And welcome to the forum.