Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Comments about recent Tesla staff changes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ghosts of X-mass past

Malcolm: Thanks for the concern, but no, I wasn't referring to OhmExcited's spoof article (which I found pretty tongue-in-cheek myself). I was remembering Gretchen Joyce, Mike Harrigon, Tim Wenzel --besides Martin and now David.

Siry clarifies that such "dots aren't connected," but the very fact that even isolated "dots" have appeared on the map causes me heartache. When he explains that "this is a startup, and there is normally a good deal of change in the execstaff," he ironically makes my point for me: I had entertained the hope that here was a company that was not going to follow what have become "normal" business practices in this world.

I'm sorry if I offended anyone, especially the people who run this board. I'm a big fan of theonion.com, and it rubs off on me. Having said that, I'm not first person who expressed a point through satire on the internet and am pretty mild in comparison Call me jaded. :)

TEG: Siry didn't say any of that, huh? Well... shut my mouth!

Martin Eberhard comments on his departure from Tesla - AutoblogGreen

Sorry, Yanquetino, I didn't realize you were quoting from that source.

(It seems OhmExcited's "Onion style" spoof did include some real quotes so I had mistakenly thought you were quoting only the spoof)

Again, sorry to move people's posting around. It was a hard choice, but I felt you were really doing David, and the forum, a dis-service with all the mockery.

I agree that the Onion can be funny and insightful, and I hope I didn't upset anyone by trying to split up this topic.

Last edited:
Hi Ohm, no offense taken by me. I'm sure that those more closely involved will be able to look back at recent events and laugh about it. I'm just not sure that time is now.

We are in a privileged position that both past and present Tesla employees currently feel able to post to this board. Long may it continue. But it can make things tricky for our moderators.