Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Company Car drivers with no access to Charge Stats - any alternative solutions?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, new M3 RWD owner here since Friday and I absolutely love it - best car I've ever driven and just driving round with a huge smile on my face.

After a bit of research, I have found that disappointingly I cannot access charge stats in the Tesla app as I am a company car driver (through Lex) and so not down as the Primary user. This is a shame as I have to report ALL charging to my work for business mileage vs private mileage reimbursement calculations, so a couple of questions...

1. Has anyone had any luck getting their leasing company to grant them the necessary access for this, or is it even possible? I presume not as it would be them giving up their controlling access, but worth asking...

2. Are there any alternative apps that can do what the Tesla app could do in terms of charge tracking across home, work, public and superchargers, but automatically with relatively little manual user input? I saw someone mention Tessie is capable or something, but thought I would ask here in this encyclopedic forum of Tesla knowledge!

Thanks in advance!

I'm not sure access to charge stats would even help you all that much. Charge costs are not a proxy for mileage.

I imagine that TeslaFi and TeslaScope can do the charging-tracking that you are looking for. There's also the 'Stats' app which seems to have the same capability. Sadly, I'd wager every one of these apps needs user credentials and therefore you won't be able to use them, either!

Upvote 0