Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Comparing LR AWD to SR+

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the Standard Range Plus+ from April 2019 and over 20k miles on it already. I have no complaints about my purchase. I went with my particular option because I wanted no payments. I haven't struggled for range driving an average 70+ miles per day or even going to my cabin in northern Minnesota 139 miles away in the summer. Winter does have an affect but had not caused a single issue for me. I haven't changed a thing I do differently. I do charge daily overnight. I think the Standard Range Plus I purchased back in April was in a period where I still have working fog lamps. Now with premium connectivity options, I am even more pleased. Now if I can just get the darn footwell lights activated, id be set! :)

You can have any footwell color you want with some aftermarket RGB lights for $16

4PCS 72 LED Car Interior Atmosphere RGB Lights Strip Music Phone BT APP Control | eBay

My SR+

Log6OoT.jpg

It’s a tough call
$18-19k more here in Canada for LR
Fog lights
Stereo
AWD
Rear heated seat
Better acceleration
100km more range
Subscription benefits
Is it all worth $19k, miss the government subsidy of $5k

I only need for 5-20 km a day and will have level 3 wall charger at home , but on occasion I will have to drive 300km one way ,1-4 times a year and 170km 5-10 times one way. I just don’t think it’s worth the extra $19k, but I don’t want to get stuck with an overpriced go-cart either.

you sound like a perfect client for the SR plus. We went through the same process and went AWD but it was in the budget.

Good luck on the choice. I’m sure you’ll be happy with either.

oh and you have a typo. You meant to say gen 3 wall charger at home. Level 3 is actually DCFC.

Reactions: Coxwain