Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Complete lock out on 6mth old raven model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Car had locked me out complelty yesterday and was dead to the world, non responsive to both key fobs, battery was fully charged day before and I confirmed 260miles via the app that evening.

Now today, app is unresponsive, car is unresponsive and car is sitting there like a lemon, it won't even let me plug my wall charger in. It seems to have done a Microsoft blue screen on me, not even Tesla could connect to it.

I was advised to try and put the keyfob by the bottom B door pillar and try handles then call back.

Tried that still nothing, so I did some reading on here and read to try and pull the frunk emergency release loops, bonnet opened but oddly no alarm going off.

Then about a minute later the car just sprang back to life and let me in. It had also reset its self and I had to readjust all my doors and windows and settings.

Anyway happy face as I fixed it my self, but it's gone and down the same again today.

Same problems, same weird fix but this time pulling frunk, the hazard lights were flashing with no alarm and then magically this time the car opened again, but i didn't need to reset everything this time.

Wtf is going on, tesla are being really unhelpfull on this and have fobbed me off to a service centre with a 2mth wait. Surely this is an over the air fix not a service centre. I am finding the call centres hit and miss on who you talk to.

Any suggestions on this??

I'm thinking a hard reset might be worth trying. Not sure how to do it on a Model X. A hard reset is when both batteries, high voltage and 12v, is unplugged from the car and the car is left to sit for 30 mins. Same sort of thing when you pull the battery from a laptop or phone. If that doesn't fix the issue it must be something else. You might even try a factory reset.

Basically triggering the alarm is somehow waking my car up by opening the front trunk with the emergency cords, otherwise its completly locked out and unresponsive.

I have ruled out a 12v battery problem as its still fully charged.

This is a about a massive of a flaw in a new car design I can think of, I.e I can't even get into the bloody thing without ridiculous intervention.

Last edited:
While I'm on topic of the cars failures, this is 6mths old, I hsve water in all 4 rear light clusters, and constantly get fogging in both my door pillar cameras so it's always warning me they are obscured.

I am starting to get uneasy that this is the worst £100k I have ever spent.

Facepalm

Condensation in the lights as well as pillar cameras is a common issue, service will replace them. I saw some condensation in my lights and what I did was remove them from the car and put a bead of silicon around all the fuse lines in the plastic. I know it shouldn't happen but whatever it happens. After I fixed it hasn't been an issue.

Basically triggering the alarm is somehow waking my car up by opening the front trunk with the emergency cords, otherwise its completly locked out and unresponsive.

I have ruled out a 12v battery problem as its still fully charged.

This is a about a massive of a flaw in a new car design I can think of, I.e I can't even get into the bloody thing without ridiculous intervention.
I bet it's something simple, like a loose ground or connection, that is preventing the car from waking up after it goes to sleep. Try to pester service to see you sooner.

Condensation in the lights as well as pillar cameras is a common issue, service will replace them. I saw some condensation in my lights and what I did was remove them from the car and put a bead of silicon around all the fuse lines in the plastic. I know it shouldn't happen but whatever it happens. After I fixed it hasn't been an issue.
I have an upcoming service appointment for this same issue. Let's see if they take care of it.