Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Completing Delivery Profile Info

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Non Owner, 4/2/16 online reservation.
Invite on 6/27
Configured and paid add'l deposit 6/28

I then immediately got the Delivery configuration flow - provide license, proof of insurance, etc.

Is that normal? Does everyone get that right away? (hopefully thinking that I was prompted to provide that because they can match my configuration and assign a VIN/Delivery date...)

Do ALL of them have to be green checks? I know that you have to fill out the profile, but I picked CU funding on the How to Pay part and it remains yellow...

If they are all green, the edit design will not show up. Change your trade in to yes, and save. and see if it comes up. If it does, you don't have a car assigned yet; If it doesn't, switch it back and hope you get a call in the next few days.

If they are all green, the edit design will not show up. Change your trade in to yes, and save. and see if it comes up. If it does, you don't have a car assigned yet; If it doesn't, switch it back and hope you get a call in the next few days.

No my trade in is green. It is how you pay is yellow. Maybe if I change it to Cash it will turn green? I am pretty sure I don't have a VIN assigned as I ordered the AWD. As I understand, only the RWD right now have a chance of getting VIN assigned.

No my trade in is green. It is how you pay is yellow. Maybe if I change it to Cash it will turn green? I am pretty sure I don't have a VIN assigned as I ordered the AWD. As I understand, only the RWD right now have a chance of getting VIN assigned.

Don't change it to cash unless you are actually planning to pay cash. Once you change that, you can't change it back on the website. The trade in option can be updated at any time.

With how unpredictable Tesla is on VIN assignments, you may get a VIN before all the 4/18 invites get one. #justsaying

Don't change it to cash unless you are actually planning to pay cash. Once you change that, you can't change it back on the website. The trade in option can be updated at any time.

Heh good to know. I almost changed it just to see. I guess if you change it to cash, they could just call you up tomorrow and say "hey your car is ready, pick it up tomorrow!" LOL. Now I am wondering if cash buyer get delivery priority? It is possible as loan buyer will need extra week or 2 to get all the ducks in a row after they notified you.

Because they put the estimated delivery date 3 to 5 months out, most people getting loan are going to wait at least a month or 2 before applying. So if they want to suddenly delivery to you in 2 weeks, they will probably want to pick the cash buyers first.

Heh good to know. I almost changed it just to see. I guess if you change it to cash, they could just call you up tomorrow and say "hey your car is ready, pick it up tomorrow!" LOL. Now I am wondering if cash buyer get delivery priority? It is possible as loan buyer will need extra week or 2 to get all the ducks in a row after they notified you.

Because they put the estimated delivery date 3 to 5 months out, most people getting loan are going to wait at least a month or 2 before applying. So if they want to suddenly delivery to you in 2 weeks, they will probably want to pick the cash buyers first.

Cash buyers are not getting priority.

IMO, priority is set up with the more options you choose since they make more money.The car comes with self driving hardware standard so the EAP option is all profit. FSD is not all profit since so much still needs to go into the software validation for it to work properly. Oh and i'm sure they get a kickback from the lender when you, generally speaking, pick Tesla financing.