TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Condenser Fan Update

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by supersnoop, Sep 19, 2016.

1. supersnoop

supersnoop Tesla Roadster #334

My 1.5 went in with a coolant error, which seemed to be an "overcharged" issue following her annual service. Since the car is under warranty, the Service Center decided to upgrade the fan shroud and a number of additional parts. I'm not sure what all change, but I have to ask; is this normal (see photo)? I've got two hoses draped across the front grill.

image.jpeg

2. dpeilow

dpeilow Moderator

This HVAC coolant overcharge issue is interesting. I know at least two people here (me and another local) that have had it and the UK service centre blamed their re-gassing machine. They said they have replaced it with another one and then re-gassed my car for free. I haven't seen the fault again, but the pressures I saw after the procedure were still on the high side and the ambient temps have reverted back to around 15°C rather than 30°C so that would almost certainly help.

However, seeing these other reports from across the Pond, does Tesla have a spate of bad re-gassing machines ?!?

3. MLAUTO

MLAUTO Member

Take it back and tell them to fix that. There shouldn't be anything in front of the grill. It almost looks like the windshield washer hose.