Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Confidence in “previously repaired”

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This showed up on the title search on a 2018 100D I’m considering buying direct from Tesla. They claim to have high standards for previous repairs but this seems major. Any thoughts? Would you go for it or leave it?
9EBFE74C-ABCE-481F-8ABD-110720367EF5.jpeg

This showed up on the title search on a 2018 100D I’m considering buying direct from Tesla. They claim to have high standards for previous repairs but this seems major. Any thoughts? Would you go for it or leave it?View attachment 786380
I wouldn’t touch anything previously repaired from Tesla. Have you seen what a regular inventory vehicle from them looks like?

My son privately bought an 2015 85 out of Vancouver that had been squeezed between a parked car and a maple tree. Repair cost were about $22k. Amazing how fast costs added up on the repair bill. Especially body work and painting, let alone $3k headlamps. We think the discounted market price because of the accident was about 15k. You cann’t tell it was in an accident, yes he enjoys the free supercharging. Currently saving about $500 a month on fuel.

Given tesla service center record, I rather not take the risk. Now if it was significant discount, then maybe. Essentially I would factor in about $30K additional cost for a model s. I.e. what an equivalent car of that miles and year without the issue tesla claimed they fixed. Then discount that cost by $30K. The point of doing this is you assuming the risk of potentially spending another $30K down the road. If you dont, you won, if you do, not much is loss because you got a $30K discount.

If it’s been front corner and as it is made of aluminium then the damaged body panels will include bonnet as well. Not to mention it has front motor. I would ask for a test drive and if it has any deviation from straight drive then look for another.

Thanks All. Tough decision, the price is 79k, 55k km. I’ll go have a look, it I’m weary…
Seems like a really easy decision here. The answer should be No, even converting to US dollars. I say if the car was priced around $30K USD, then maybe it worth it. But given the history and Tesla's servicing record, I would probably pass unless you want to assume that $30K USD risk yourself and hope you won without having to service the car after the purchase.

Reactions: Cheburashka