Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Confirm PUP $5000 refund thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't travel long distance either, however I do a TON of local driving/EAP'ing….to the tune of 1K miles a week so far. Anywhoooo..

You and others are in a good position then. You get to trade something back to Tesla that you didn't even buy.

I wish it had something to do with PUP.

For those who want/need FUSC.....the PUP price decrease was just an insult.
I'm just glad the first thing he came up with was supercharging and not taking away premium internet connectivity :)

I'm just glad the first thing he came up with was supercharging and not taking away premium internet connectivity :)

Good point. I agree.

I just wish the whole thing had at least something to do with PUP.

Its like Elon/Tesla said "Sorry for punching you in the face - To make up for it...lets trade your watch for my shoes".

I would have much rather Tesla dealt with the punch to the face instead of some non-PUP-related trading/bargaining.

Depends on the owners... I, for example, don't take long road trips very often and I charge at home. So, for me, I'd be spending maybe $60 every few years on supercharging.

The way I calculated it.... I really didn't care about the supercharging. I just added up the fact that I was certainly going to reach $5k in electricity bills by charging at home. I had to keep the non-home option.

The way I calculated it.... I really didn't care about the supercharging. I just added up the fact that I was certainly going to reach $5k in electricity bills by charging at home. I had to keep the non-home option.
...but I thought you had solar as well and were paying some ridiculously low rate. o_O

While I'll likely use over $5000 of my own at home electricity @ $0.10 / kWh (assuming I never total the car or sell it in a few years), I wanted to keep the spirit of using the superchargers only for long distance travel and it wouldn't be fair to local apartment dwellers if I was just taking up a spot at the superchargers for free electricity.

...but I thought you had solar as well and were paying some ridiculously low rate. o_O

While I'll likely use over $5000 of my own at home electricity @ $0.10 / kWh (assuming I never total the car or sell it in a few years), I wanted to keep the spirit of using the superchargers only for long distance travel and it wouldn't be fair to local apartment dwellers if I was just taking up a spot at the superchargers for free electricity.

True...but....

I didn't want to let the cat out of the bag too soon....but....

wait for it …...

it looks like tomorrow there will be yet another EV birth in my house as my wife is getting one.

My solar system is absolutely fantastic, however I'm not sure it will provide ALL of the power for both EV's AND the house itself. It has so far with one EV and the HOUSE....fingers crossed.

Just received my Tesla cash. We too have a 12Kw solar system supporting an X, 3 and Prime. During the summer months always accrue credits which offset the winter while net metering. Ive found solar to be more than adequate to facilitate15k miles per vehicle per year when appropriately managed. Awaiting another dip with TSLA. Pretty confident I can easily outperform the cost to free supercharge.

Hi All

I have a P3D with all the upgrades. Was delivered in September. I live in BC, Canada. Can anyone tell me:

1 - Has anyone in canada received a check yet (are we eligible?)
2 - Do I actually have to call up and Wait through the huge hold to speak to someone to get this?

Many thanks

I agree tesla was generous,

I disagree that asking that
this REFUND not be treated
differently than the $1,000
FSD REFUND is nitpicking?

8% of $1,000 = $80
8% of $5,000 = $400

draw your own lines
regarding nitpicking!

nitpicking rewarded!

after writing everyone @ tesla I could,
and being told essentially to go pound
sand, we're not opening up finance doc's,
motor vehicle purchase agreements,

being dissuaded here regarding why
sales tax shouldn't be included in the
$5,000 PUP refund issued by tesla...
and after being given zero hope of
action by CA FTB, CA DMV, BBB etc

today at my mailbox, refund of $387.50
with no letter, just a check, no reference
of the amount of why?

my city's tax rate = 7.75%, so that's exact
amount of sales tax paid on $5,000!

this company functions in such a screwy
manner, they aren't even true to their own
statements & beliefs?

but hey, thanks tesla for following CA law
and refunding sales tax on a refund!

@davekr wow cool, I don't have the stamina for that though :)

other than writing to tesla,
I'm not sure any of my actions
forced this to happen?

quite frankly, I'm not sure why
they cut the check after spending
at least 5 hours of director level
responses to my queries.

if not for electronic means of
communication, I wouldn't have
had the focus, but I hate it when
a corp stands on poor verbiage!

nitpicking rewarded!

after writing everyone @ tesla I could,
and being told essentially to go pound
sand, we're not opening up finance doc's,
motor vehicle purchase agreements,

being dissuaded here regarding why
sales tax shouldn't be included in the
$5,000 PUP refund issued by tesla...
and after being given zero hope of
action by CA FTB, CA DMV, BBB etc

today at my mailbox, refund of $387.50
with no letter, just a check, no reference
of the amount of why?

my city's tax rate = 7.75%, so that's exact
amount of sales tax paid on $5,000!

this company functions in such a screwy
manner, they aren't even true to their own
statements & beliefs?

but hey, thanks tesla for following CA law
and refunding sales tax on a refund!
My Brother-in-law's check was for over $5,400 as there was an 8,25% sales tax refund included.

it couldn't be simpler than asking for it
via 'manage & escalate' button on your account?

They removed the escalate option last month

No more escalate to exec management | Tesla

FWIW I've gotten 0 replies from Tesla ever submitting questions/issues/anything via the website when I didn't use the escalate button, YMMV of course.... My submission regarding the FSD screw job (in more polite terms) for example has gotten no reply after most of the week has gone by.

• Informative
Reactions: C141medic
They removed the escalate option last month

No more escalate to exec management | Tesla

FWIW I've gotten 0 replies from Tesla ever submitting questions/issues/anything via the website when I didn't use the escalate button, YMMV of course.... My submission regarding the FSD screw job (in more polite terms) for example has gotten no reply after most of the week has gone by.

I haven't looked for the escalate button recently?

it's like herding cats! but sometimes you just
gotta saddle up and ride!

• Funny
Reactions: C141medic
I didn't think any of us were actually entitled to the taxes back, so I didn't bother asking. I was quite happy with just the $5k, but I will say it was nice to get a check in the mail today for the amount of sales tax paid on the $5k.

Thanks Tesla!

I just got the $387.50 for CA tax

Attachments

• IMG_9896.jpg
    IMG_9896.jpg
    419.9 KB · Views: 51
I didn't think any of us were actually entitled to the taxes back, so I didn't bother asking. I was quite happy with just the $5k, but I will say it was nice to get a check in the mail today for the amount of sales tax paid on the $5k.

Thanks Tesla!

I share your sympathies that tesla was denying entitlement
to sales tax on PUP $5, but some one or some agency
enlightened them as to their liability!

I couldn't understand one refund, FSD refund being sale
tax inclusive, yet the next refund of PUP being viewed as
exclusive of sales tax?

welcome to the confusing world of tesla!