Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Confirm PUP $5000 refund thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We all knew what we were doing. We wanted to have the newest/coolest toy on the block and show off, that's why we bought early. If I had known I could save 4k by waiting until now I would have made the same choice.

Cheers.

I got zero from Kansas, and property tax here is surprisingly high.

I bought early because I had to go from zero car to car, and I planned to do it that one time for the foreseeable future.

I didn't mind it being the shiny cool toy though :). It’s pretty awesome that I now regularly see 3-4 model 3s in my small Midwest town.

I should be upset that I had to pay 6.8% sales tax AND got no state or other local rebates/credits. I’m jelly of you all getting $2-3k state credits!

Edit: damn 9.25% for LA!!
At least you don't have state rebate at all. We actually have a $2500 state EV rebate, except Tesla is explicitly illegible for it due to powerful dealership lobbies :p So close, yet so far!

• Informative
Reactions: MXWing
At least you don't have state rebate at all. We actually have a $2500 state EV rebate, except Tesla is explicitly illegible for it due to powerful dealership lobbies :p So close, yet so far!

You couldn’t pay me 2500 to drive a Bolt, Leaf, i3, etc.

So that state EV rebate means nothing in reality.

If I had a Tesla in Texas I’d circle car dealerships and spank the other cars that are doing test drives just to be an ass.

It's hard to compare prices then and now. I paid $78k for my red model 3 Performance with upgrade. I got $5k refund and already received the $7500 tax credit. That's Ann effective $65,500.

A new one is $67500. That does include FSD while I only have enhanced autopilot. Again hard to compare apples to apples.

To be highly accurate, you would need to account for free data not a benefit until someone gets charged. :(

Also, Add a column for 3P- and see how those whiners stack up. ;)

I love my 3P- friends here at TMC but damn you guys bitch bitch bitch.

Lastly a column for 3SR to convince you to buy an extra car for no reason other than it’s a good deal lol.

About $5500/difference

Attachments

• upload_2019-4-29_18-25-1.png
    upload_2019-4-29_18-25-1.png
    17.2 KB · Views: 61