Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Confirmation on Heated Front Seats SR vs SR+?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

RLEE

Jun 14, 2019
PA
New member - placed order for SR but was convinced to upgrade to SR+ due to the Sales people telling me that SR does NOT include heated front seats.

I saw older tables from Tesla showing that the Model 3 SR has heated front seats. Now my sales guy and 'Stephen' at Tesla.com says that the SR does NOT have heated front seats. Can someone who has taken delivery (and has received the 'downgrade' software) or direct knowledge of the matter confirm for us all if it does or does not have heated front seats?

I'm hesitant to purchase the car if it does not have heated front seats. My rear passengers can suffer the cold alone! :) Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Your salesperson is wrong. 90% of the stuff Tesla salespeople will tell you is just flat out wrong. I took delivery of a true SR two weeks ago and it definitely had heated front seats.

upload_2019-6-14_5-59-26.png

Last edited:
Reactions: super20g
The car I took delivery of was a true “SR” not an SR+. It had a window sticker stating it was an SR.

The SR and SR+ always had heated front seats. The trim comparison document I posted was widely distributed to customers when it came out and clearly states that both SR/SR+ have heated front seats. There is no way they could take them away after distributing that document to so many customers.

Tesla reps just don’t take the time to stay up to date with product announcements. They get all of this information emailed to them but they all just graduated from high school and only know how to read texts.

The car I took delivery of was a true “SR” not an SR+. It had a window sticker stating it was an SR.

The SR and SR+ always had heated front seats. The trim comparison document I posted was widely distributed to customers when it came out and clearly states that both SR/SR+ have heated front seats. There is no way they could take them away after distributing that document to so many customers.

Tesla reps just don’t take the time to stay up to date with product announcements. They get all of this information emailed to them but they all just graduated from high school and only know how to read texts.

The window sticker may have said "SR" but tesla has never produced a real "SR" model car. The "True" SR was supposed to have cloth seats as well, and as far as I know, no tesla model 3 including the SR has cloth seats.

What was distributed in april also might not be relevant to the OP right now, with as much as tesla flip flops on these kind of things. They can certainly turn off heated seats via firmware (or remove the option to turn them on), so OP should attempt to get a similar printed document to what you have linked thats dated June.. or whatever month OP is taking delivery.

The window sticker may have said "SR" but tesla has never produced a real "SR" model car. The "True" SR was supposed to have cloth seats as well, and as far as I know, no tesla model 3 including the SR has cloth seats.

What was distributed in april also might not be relevant to the OP right now, with as much as tesla flip flops on these kind of things. They can certainly turn off heated seats via firmware (or remove the option to turn them on), so OP should attempt to get a similar printed document to what you have linked thats dated June.. or whatever month OP is taking delivery.

The cloth seat version has long been discontinued but the SR models coming off the line now have already been configured as SRs and do not need any downgrading. They come software locked to 220 miles and the fog lights have been disabled.

I would just ask another Tesla rep if he wants to be comfortable, or ask for a printed document showing the trim comparisons and see what they provide.

Reactions: jjrandorin
Thank you all so much! I look forward to becoming a contributing member of this forum when I take delivery.

I decided to take the risk and have asked for my order to remain an SR model. I hope I get when you have OCR! If not... I guess my backside will be cold briefly in the winter.

The cloth seat version has long been discontinued but the SR models coming off the line now have already been configured as SRs and do not need any downgrading. They come software locked to 220 miles and the fog lights have been disabled.

I would just ask another Tesla rep if he wants to be comfortable, or ask for a printed document showing the trim comparisons and see what they provide.
Hi ocr1, have you tried to supercharger your SR yet? If so did you charge to 100percent? How did that go? How long did it take?

Thanks

It takes a while to charge any tesla to 100%. The last 5% goes pretty slow for a couple different reasons, one of which is the battery system re balances the battery, so it will run for a while. Supercharging to 100% will always take any tesla a while. Anything past 90% is going to go pretty slow.

They never produced a cloth version.