Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Confirmed MY changes and updates since launch?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Trying to compile and confirm at least the major changes that have been mentioned into a single list to date. I've heard the following changes have occurred, but I can only verify the heat pump because my VIN was late enough:

- Heat pump noise insulation/cover (verified)
- Updated taillights (verified)
- Updated interior door release buttons (verified)
- LR has rear 980 motor (verified)
- Exterior speaker for backup sound (verified)
- Regenerative braking control removed (verified) - yeah, I know this is software
- Door hinges updated? (can someone pls verify with pics?)
- Hatch hinges updated? (can someone pls verify with pics?)
- Softer suspension? (Tesla parts website shows no change, but reports of MY2021 having softer suspension?)
- What else??

Updated list so folks don't have to scroll to the top every time:

- Heat pump noise insulation/cover (verified)
- Updated taillights (verified)
- Updated interior door release buttons (verified)
- LR has rear 980 motor (verified)
- Exterior speaker for pedestrian warning sound (verified)
- Regenerative braking control removed (verified) - yeah, I know this is software
- Front door window laminated glass (verified)
- Door hinges updated? (can someone pls verify with pics?)
- Hatch hinges updated? (can someone pls verify with pics?)
- Softer suspension? (Tesla parts website shows no change, but reports of MY2021 having softer suspension?)
- What else??

Don’t be in a rush for that laminated glass. Folks are reporting issues with it hitting the trim.

0FB81F11-1A06-4389-B61A-5FF6CB668A44.png

A7543B1A-DDB6-493C-99E3-8C2FD8F6F1D8.jpeg
Any idea what this is? Towards the middle of the photo to the left. It looks like something is cracked horizontally. It’s a long black piece. Can anyone see what I’m seeing and tell me it’s nothing to worry about? By the way this is the front of the car but still looking for what this cracked piece might be. I’m still trying to get the plate from the rear showing 980 or 990.

Last edited:
View attachment 605312 Any idea what this is? Towards the middle of the photo to the left. It looks like something is cracked horizontally. It’s a long black piece. Can anyone see what I’m seeing and tell me it’s nothing to worry about? By the way this is the front of the car but still looking for what this cracked piece might be. I’m still trying to get the plate from the rear showing 980 or 990.

Can you get a better pic? Is it cracked or is it a seam or casting mark?

Here's a wider angle pic to help. This was taken with my lens right behind the edge of the rotor, at the 8:00 position when viewed from the outside. In other words, looking through my wheel, I can see the back of my phone, with the center of the phone appearing just beyond the edge of my rotor. The phone was on plane with the rotor looking towards the rear passenger's wheel.
20201104_130636.jpg

You should have the back of the phone camera where the arrow points.
20201104_131403.jpg

Last edited: