Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CONFIRMED: Test ride the Model 3!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks. I read that and the Seeking Alpha article that it was based on. Very informative. Can't wait to see what Tesla (and Panasonic) come up with for their next gen batteries.

One area I would love to see improvement is in marine grade batteries that could replace current deep cycle lead acid marine batteries at a reasonable cost. We putt around the lake using small MinnKota trolling motors, powered by standard deep cycle lead acid batteries. These things are heavy and inevitably lose their capacity fairly quickly. Would love to see a long life 12V to 14V battery module that could be a plug and play replacement for a marine deep cycle battery. Something that would last longer per charge, degrade less over time, be much lighter and be cost competitive with lead acid batteries.

My understanding is that the current versions of these batteries are still 5X to 10X the cost of lead acid batteries, but hopefully not for long! BTW, sorry for the off-topic rant. And now back to our regularly scheduled thread... :)

well worth doing but remember before they go into your marine use we'll use the same tech to replace the SLA deep cycle batteries in the cars first. :)

Tesla has a vested interest in making the cars better before the boats.

That sounds like you will be able to sit in the prototype(s) of Model 3 and a Tesla employee will drive you around? As opposed to you taking a test drive yourself. Or am I misinterpreting the wording?

Regardless, sounds very cool and congratulations, hope you have a nice time!
For the model x unveiling the drivers were tesla employees, so I bet it will be the same. Hope this cleared some things up.