Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Confused. Down payment due to Tesla after 3rd party financed amount sent jumped by $2,000?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK, either I'm going crazy, or Tesla is playing with some funky math.

Our MVPA for our Model Y shows a vehicle subtotal price of $58,578.90, including $39,578.90 (financed by Adelfi, wired today to Tesla) and my impending $18,750 down payment.

Screenshot 2023-02-15 at 3.11.20 PM.jpg

But now when I go to the website, it shows that the amount I owe is actually $20,828.90 instead of $18,750. That number doesn't even add up correctly. That would mean a total price of $60,407.80 and not $58,578.90. What am I missing here??

Screenshot 2023-02-15 at 3.14.04 PM.jpg

Where is the destination charge shown? I dont see it (and destination fees must be paid, they can not be hand waved away).
The $1,390 destination fee is included in the $56,630 price ($54,990 vehicle price including options + $1,390 + $250 order fee). It's shown right there in the second image.

The total cost of the vehicle, including fees, tax, destination, etc., is $58,578.90. The amount financed (what Tesla just received today from Adelfi) = $39,578.90.

$58,578.90 - $39,578.90 - $250 order fee = the $18,750 down payment I agreed to. I'm just trying to find out where the hell the $20,828.90 number is coming from.

I looked at my own MVPA from March of last year, and destination was in that first number as well, so thats obviously not it. The total price of the car minus the credit should = the price left, but it doesnt, so there is something wrong there.

When is your pickup?

February 27th. I reached out to my SA and am waiting to hear back.

Oh, wow, ok.

I did third party financing too, but Navy Federal uses a bank check (that you can physically take with you). As much as I like both of my Teslas (a 3 and Y), I did not want to wire money before seeing the vehicle. You have almost 2 weeks before pickup, so hopefully you can get it sorted out before then.

I am curious to hear what the resolution is, though. Please share if you are comfortable doing so after you find out.

Reactions: Macb00kemdanno
Even more weirdness. We picked up our MY LR on Friday (car came in early). I added my checking account to Plaid on Thursday. I paid the $18,750 remaining balance on Friday evening as we were waiting in line to check-in for delivery. Tesla app confirmed they payment was made and we got the keys and drove off. Got a survey email from Tesla this morning asking us to participate.

BUT.. Tesla still hasn’t drafted the $18,750 from our account as of 7:38pm EST Monday. Aren’t most companies pretty quick about taking their money? 🤣

Even more weirdness. We picked up our MY LR on Friday (car came in early). I added my checking account to Plaid on Thursday. I paid the $18,750 remaining balance on Friday evening as we were waiting in line to check-in for delivery. Tesla app confirmed they payment was made and we got the keys and drove off. Got a survey email from Tesla this morning asking us to participate.

BUT.. Tesla still hasn’t drafted the $18,750 from our account as of 7:38pm EST Monday. Aren’t most companies pretty quick about taking their money? 🤣
It took a couple of days before the ACH showed up on my bank account.

It isn't just Tesla, its true of a lot of online charges from other places too.

Reactions: Macb00kemdanno