Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Confused with Autosteer display

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New Owner here. Looked in manual could not find. Called Tesla, they said page 79 in manual. Why is there a blue ring around a gray steering wheel next to the speed when car is in Drive? Car is not in cruise or autopilot! Tesla support said it's in autosteer? For me to turn it off! Can anyone help a clueless new owner? Tell me what is going on. Thanks! Pagile

The description of autopilot does seem to start on page 79 in the model 3 tesla manual I can find online:

Also see page 55 and 56 in this manual, which describes the exact icon you are talking about on the screen (when autosteer is available but not activated). Here is a screenshot of those pages with this exact icon described:

model 3 page 55.JPG

Model 3 page 56.JPG

Reactions: Tam
The description of autopilot does seem to start on page 79 in the model 3 tesla manual I can find online:

Also see page 55 and 56 in this manual, which describes the exact icon you are talking about on the screen (when autosteer is available but not activated). Here is a screenshot of those pages with this exact icon described:

View attachment 712782

View attachment 712783

Thank you for your reply. What I am seeing is a gray steering wheel with a blue not quite full circle around it. Not a filled in blue around a white one as is shown on your screenshot. The blue circle was 3/4 complete before but now is almost a complete circle. Could this be something loading or calibrating. I only have 36 miles on the car. Thx

Thank you for your reply. What I am seeing is a gray steering wheel with a blue not quite full circle around it. Not a filled in blue around a white one as is shown on your screenshot. The blue circle was 3/4 complete before but now is almost a complete circle. Could this be something loading or calibrating. I only have 36 miles on the car. Thx
Yes. Camera calibration status. It should happen once when you first got your car. You might want to drive a long drive until it's done.