Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ConnectedSolutions - sign up via Tesla or utility?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there an advantage to signing up for ConnectedSolutions through Tesla instead of directly though the utility (Eversource in this case)? Leaning towards utility as Tesla is not always responsive.

I have Eversource, too. And had no option to sign up to CS via Tesla. Tesla takes a maintenance percentage off the top. But I'm OK with that. BTW, Tesla did a poor electrical job at the service panel wiring and FAILED the local inspection. Tesla, to its credit, came out less than a week later and fixed it. Now the wait for Eversouce to replace the meter and finish the job. Been waiting since last August. But optimistic. Missing some of the best sun power days: long days, no leaves on trees. Good luck with yours!

Upvote 0
Our install was by a third-party and no inspection required where we live, so I can only hope it was done correctly, although we are still waiting to get an issue resolved since last Spring.

I see the CS sign up on Tesla's site, and Eversource has a downloadable form with an email address to send it to, so I think I can opt in either way.

Upvote 0
Our install was by a third-party and no inspection required where we live, so I can only hope it was done correctly, although we are still waiting to get an issue resolved since last Spring.

I see the CS sign up on Tesla's site, and Eversource has a downloadable form with an email address to send it to, so I think I can opt in either way.
It’s nice to have options! I would try direct with the utility if you can and see it you can escape Tesla taking a 20% cut of your payment.

Upvote 0