Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Connecticut Delivery Process?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone have any good loan recommendations for CT resident? Placing order this weekend. Also I really hope my M3 doesn’t go to Mass!
Second point first. YOU must make sure your delivery advisor knows to NOT send the car to Dedham. Otherwise it will go to Dedham. Unfortunately, the onus is on you. Be sure to let your state senator and rep know to approve Tesla doing business in CT to end this mess.
Yes, AlliantCreditUnion.com is fantastic! I think they currently have a 3.75% loan rate.

• Disagree
Reactions: an1235
95 along the south shore. From Maine to Miami. Even though an odd numbered interstate means N/S along the southern CT coast it's east/west. Again, no non-multiperson vehicle allowed in HOV lane.

Uh, I know 95 runs along the south shore (I live there), and I know 95 runs from Maine to Miami (who doesn't?)... I'm not sure what why you're posting that. But I don't think any of I-95 in CT has HOV lanes. I know there aren't any from the NY state border to New Haven, and I'm pretty sure there aren't any from New Haven to Rhode Island.

The guy asking about EVs in HOV lanes lived in MA, I am not sure why you chose that hill. One cannot drive a Tesla in an HOV lane. I think the last time I drove 95 through CT it had toll booths every 20 miles. I likely didn't catch you weren't the guy asking about driving in HOV lanes.

It seemed pretty clear the question was specifically about HOV lanes in CT:

Another CT question. Can you drive in the car pool lane with electric vehicles?

And I queried about exactly which highways in CT have HOV lanes (there are very few):

Is there any other HOV lane other than 84 east of Hartford?

To which you immediately replied:

95 along the south shore.

Which is wrong. Not sure how you got that confused with the guy in MA asking about CT HOV lanes.

I think the last time I drove 95 through CT it had toll booths every 20 miles.

Connecticut removed their I-95 toll booths in 1985. If that was the last time you drove I-95 in CT, why would you post that I-95 has HOV lanes?

UPDATE: so my car was definitely sitting in MA and definitely had to be moved to NY for me take delivery. I worked with some very helpful people at the Mt. Kisco location throughout the day on Friday, they arranged to have my car shipped to the Mt. Kisco location and it actually arrived there yesterday (Saturday). They gave me a delivery appt for today (Sunday) so that we don't have to take any time off to pick it up. So, with ANY luck, I'll have my car about 8 hours from now, a few days earlier than I even expected!

Moral of the story: CT people, call early to make sure you car gets shipped directly to a non-MA location! I was nervous that they would have sold my car to someone else that could take delivery in MA, but I lucked out because my VIN is still unchanged from a week ago.

Reactions: HankLloydRight
Connecticut removed their I-95 toll booths in 1985. If that was the last time you drove I-95 in CT, why would you post that I-95 has HOV lanes?
What are the Car Pool Rules in Connecticut | YourMechanic Advice
Where are the car pool lanes?
Connecticut has car pool lanes on two of its major freeways: I-84 and I-95. The car pool lanes cover more than 15 miles on each of these freeways. On both freeways, the car pool lane is located all the way to the left of the freeway, adjacent to the oncoming traffic.

You clearly want to fight with someone... I suggest someone else.

Last edited:
What are the Car Pool Rules in Connecticut | YourMechanic Advice
Where are the car pool lanes?
Connecticut has car pool lanes on two of its major freeways: I-84 and I-95. The car pool lanes cover more than 15 miles on each of these freeways. On both freeways, the car pool lane is located all the way to the left of the freeway, adjacent to the oncoming traffic.

You clearly want to fight with someone... I suggest someone else.

As you likely found out, as did I, that single, solitary article, without any sources, cites, or backup, is the ONLY mention of HOV lanes on I-95 in Connecticut. I found no authoritative source from any government (or any other source) that corroborated that article. Until you can find such a source that proves that I-95 has HOV lanes, I stand by my assertion that there are no HOV lanes on I95 in Connecticut. The article most likely meant to include I-91 which has HOV lanes but got it wrong and published I-95 in error.

Please do your own research before posting the single google result of a search for "I95 hov lanes connecticut".

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: wcorey