Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Connecticut Delivery Process?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
DO people pick up their cars at the Mt Kisco main showroom 115 Kisco Dr or whatever it is. I thought that deliveries were off-site. Off of 287 there is a Tesla location still in Westchester County that has, what looks like, a multi-story garage and from the air (sat view) looks to be an awful lot of the same car silhouettes.

In White Plains? That was just a small service center they closed years ago.

It's the one at 115 Mt. Kisco Ave in Mt Kisco. We took 84 west to 684 to the Saw Mill River Parkway. It was a pretty easy drive. The car was washed and waxed. They had people at the parking lot with cleaning stuff to touch up anything. Mine had a couple of smudges on the white seats that they wiped up. Easy Peasy.

Hey now!!
We've lived in DE, VA-twice, and when the kids were little drive from either place to RI for holidays. I went to school in OH so would drive CT Turnpike to either I-80 or PA-turnpike to go to OH or from OH. I am certain very nice people live there but 95 through Bridgeport in the 70s and 80s was like driving through the Thurbers Ave curve (pvd) in rush hour.

It's the one at 115 Mt. Kisco Ave in Mt Kisco. We took 84 west to 684 to the Saw Mill River Parkway. It was a pretty easy drive. The car was washed and waxed. They had people at the parking lot with cleaning stuff to touch up anything. Mine had a couple of smudges on the white seats that they wiped up. Easy Peasy.
both Google and Tesla trips site say take 101-74-84 (through Hartford) to 684 SMRP etc. Driving through Hartford is very much akin to driving 95 through Bridgeport. God bless EAP!

FWIW, Autopilot doesn't work that well either. :D;)
I had my M3 test drive maybe a month ago in Dedham, so you take 128 clockwise for a few exits then drive counter clockwise to get back to 1 or 1A. It felt like lane keep kept wanting to move into the adjacent lane outside driver side window w/traffic there. I wasn't sure if it was overly paranoia on my part or an issue. According to Teslanomics they are asking employees to beta test full self driving.

We've lived in DE, VA-twice, and when the kids were little drive from either place to RI for holidays. I went to school in OH so would drive CT Turnpike to either I-80 or PA-turnpike to go to OH or from OH. I am certain very nice people live there but 95 through Bridgeport in the 70s and 80s was like driving through the Thurbers Ave curve (pvd) in rush hour.

Maybe you don’t know CT geography, but Bridgeport is almost an hour east of the far SW corner of CT.

Maybe you don’t know CT geography, but Bridgeport is almost an hour east of the far SW corner of CT.
I kind of do, as I grew up in RI. Far SW is Greenwich...I could look at google but where's the fun in that. Just like driving Thurbers Ave curve just below I-195 branch in PVD or driving through HFD, Bridgeport sticks with you. As I recall, it's on the water, very heavily traveled, lots of, I'm guessing, gas tanks (monsterous blue things). They could be oil tanks. They have them at Thurbers Ave curve before I-195 turnoff.
Maybe it's as simple as too many entrances and exits. It's industrial where WSW of it isn't...to my recollection.

I took delivery of my Model 3 about a month ago from Mt. Kisco. Still have not received the plates, and the temp expires this weekend. Anyone else in the same boat?

BTW, when I left there, the mapping tried to take me down a bunch of dirt roads. I would double-check with Waze before you leave!

I took delivery of my Model 3 about a month ago from Mt. Kisco. Still have not received the plates, and the temp expires this weekend. Anyone else in the same boat?

While this was in 2014, when I got my P85+ from Mt. Kisco, the temp plates (from New Jersey!) were about to expire, they caught this and sent me replacement temp plates. Granted they are a lot more busy now so there might not be someone keeping track, so you might want to give them a reminder call and see if they can send you new temps.

BTW, when I left there, the mapping tried to take me down a bunch of dirt roads. I would double-check with Waze before you leave!

Call Mt Kisco and harass them. That's what I had to do before I got my permanent registration. Call both the delivery people and sales people. I demanded to speak to a manager (which they wouldn't allow) and then said I was doing to drive up there and demand to speak with someone or get another temp registration. That seemed to light a fire under them.

Call Mt Kisco and harass them. That's what I had to do before I got my permanent registration. Call both the delivery people and sales people. I demanded to speak to a manager (which they wouldn't allow) and then said I was doing to drive up there and demand to speak with someone or get another temp registration. That seemed to light a fire under them.

Thanks @CCIE . I just called them, and they were very pleasant, but there isn't much they can do. The process, which I don't fully understand, sounds like it just made it to the DMV yesterday. So, not it's out of their hands, but clearly they weren't on top of this earlier. I was assured that Tesla will cover any tickets I get for an expired registration until I get my plates.

I have to keep reminding myself that we're early adopters. Not just of the tech, but of the whole company, and all of its processes. They are a mess, but hopefully will get it straightened out soon! Really, this is CTs fault for making Tesla jump through hoops to sell cars here. But still...

Thanks @CCIE . I just called them, and they were very pleasant, but there isn't much they can do. The process, which I don't fully understand, sounds like it just made it to the DMV yesterday. So, not it's out of their hands, but clearly they weren't on top of this earlier. I was assured that Tesla will cover any tickets I get for an expired registration until I get my plates.

I have to keep reminding myself that we're early adopters. Not just of the tech, but of the whole company, and all of its processes. They are a mess, but hopefully will get it straightened out soon! Really, this is CTs fault for making Tesla jump through hoops to sell cars here. But still...

The process Tesla uses is that they send someone to the CT DMV to manually register each vehicle. They're allowed to do two at a time, then get in line again, so it takes forever. If you haven't gotten your registration yet, it's because they haven't gone through this process for your car yet. There is no waiting for the DMV to do/send anything. It's all a matter of where you are in the Tesla queue. There is something they can do to speed the process... hire more people to stand at line at the CT DMVs. They could also send you another temp registration.

It's unlikely you'll get pulled over for driving with the expired temp reg. But, if you do, the cop is within his rights to have your car towed. So, Tesla offering to pay for tickets is BS.

It's unlikely you'll get pulled over for driving with the expired temp reg. But, if you do, the cop is within his rights to have your car towed. So, Tesla offering to pay for tickets is BS.

This is exactly why my new Tesla is sitting in my garage. For 5 days now. I am not willing to risk having it towed, since I don't trust the tow truck guy not to wreck it.

thank you for the info on their process. That does help explain it, but not why I haven't received my plates, since they told me it was submitted a week ago.

I guess I'll get in the phone queue again...

While this was in 2014, when I got my P85+ from Mt. Kisco, the temp plates (from New Jersey!) were about to expire, they caught this and sent me replacement temp plates. Granted they are a lot more busy now so there might not be someone keeping track, so you might want to give them a reminder call and see if they can send you new temps.

hello guys, and shout out to Hank; been reading your posts for yrs.

i'm in fairfield. waiting on model 3 (CPO S probably shortly also) but very concerned to avoid DMV in CT...thank you all for the posts

anyone have an idea if i should even call Mt Kisco to remind them on getting the CT plates or they do this automatically? no trade in.

thanks and I truly hope to contribute well ; been a huge fan since roadster days.

When you pick up your car, you'll get a temporary registration. Mt. Kisco will then go to the CT DMV and register the car, and then they will send you the registration (and plates if you're getting new ones). The temporary registration lasts 30 days. What happened with me, was my car insurance renewed three weeks after I picked up the car. Mt. Kisco didn't go to register it until 29 days after I bought the car, so the insurance info they had was then not current and the DMV denied registration. I sent them the current insurance info, but have not heard back from them. Hopefully this will be resolved soon.