Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Connectivity: What do delivered Production cars have for Wifi and 3G connectivity?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You guys are seriously buying a $60-$100k electric car with the most amazing console panel around and going to worry about the cost of the 3G? wow.

Having the Internet now it will be hard to not sign up for the data plan. I thought plugging in my phone would be a nice solution, but now I'm thinking I don't want to plug and unplug when getting in and out anymore just to hear slacker or see my map. Hopefully the price can be low.

You guys are seriously buying a $60-$100k electric car with the most amazing console panel around and going to worry about the cost of the 3G? wow.

Part of the reason some of these people can buy a Model S is that they don't pay for stuff they neither want nor need.

I'm sure many of the concerns are that they don't want to pay for a plan for the car when they can just tether instead.

With such loss of functionality, I hope they support plugging in my phone or connecting to my 4G mifi hotspot device. I already have 4 iPhone data plans, 1 iPad data plan and 1 Mifi data plan in my household, I don't need or want to pay for another one :) Especially for probably pretty light use in the car.

can I please just connect my iPhone WiFi hotspot to the 17 inch screen

With such loss of functionality, I hope they support plugging in my phone or connecting to my 4G mifi hotspot device. I already have 4 iPhone data plans, 1 iPad data plan and 1 Mifi data plan in my household, I don't need or want to pay for another one :) Especially for probably pretty light use in the car.

I am with you. My phone has a data plan and is a WiFi hot spot, so can I please just connect my iPhone WiFi hotspot to the 17 inch screen and be done with it???

I am with you. My phone has a data plan and is a WiFi hot spot, so can I please just connect my iPhone WiFi hotspot to the 17 inch screen and be done with it???

That's what I am banking on. I live in BFE and have been using one of the iPhones in the house and plan to use its unlimited in the car once the freebie gets cut off. I am hoping that they will be able to operationalize that and I will just tuck the phone away somewhere. It's 3G, but that's all I really want for now.

That's what I am banking on. I live in BFE and have been using one of the iPhones in the house and plan to use its unlimited in the car once the freebie gets cut off. I am hoping that they will be able to operationalize that and I will just tuck the phone away somewhere. It's 3G, but that's all I really want for now.

Do me (us) a favor. Post it when you find out.