Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Connectivity

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If when it stops working you still have full voice recognition access, then it ought to be a Tesla end fault rather than an in-car fault. 2016 puts you in the era of permanent free connectivity (I think) assuming you are the first owner - otherwise it’s not unheard of for Tesla to argue that it doesn't transfer - much as they did with free charging. If your entitlement is for permanent connectivity then call Tesla and they have an obligation to put it right unless it's an in-car fault that requires your expense to fix. A full power-off reset may be worth trying first.

If when it stops working you still have full voice recognition access, then it ought to be a Tesla end fault rather than an in-car fault. 2016 puts you in the era of permanent free connectivity (I think) assuming you are the first owner - otherwise it’s not unheard of for Tesla to argue that it doesn't transfer - much as they did with free charging. If your entitlement is for permanent connectivity then call Tesla and they have an obligation to put it right unless it's an in-car fault that requires your expense to fix. A full power-off reset may be worth trying first.

Hi there thanks for your response. I do have connectivity for life and it has been fine. The first time it failed I spoke to Tesla Milton Keynes however it had recovered and they said it had probably just done it’s own reset?? How do I do a full reset from the car? Cheers.