Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Consolidated Ride quality real experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model Y LR 19"
Likely getting one of the Coilover kits(not sure if i need the rear arms also)
Thinking about lighter 19" rims, maybe the 8.5" ones ?
Better tires of course when the time has come.

Experiences please and info please, especially on the rim part (i'm not spending more than 2k on rims lol) brand, weight, 8.5 vs stock etc

From the other threads
Redwood>UPP/MPP
UPP=MPP
I've had the UPP kit and only kept it until the Redwood Ohlin's became available. The UPP was quite a lot better than stock and I would have kept them if the Ohlin's didn't become available. But I've had nothing but terrific experiences with Ohlin's through the years. So I switched to the Redwood kit. I have not been disappointed! This kit is head & shoulders above the UPP's. Absolutely no regrets even though the Redwood kit is about $1200 more. A nice little side benefit that the Ohlin's rears have is the adjustment is located at the bottom of the shock. So you can adjust these without having to jack up the rear of the car.

I had the shop here in Baton Rouge (Vinnie's Exotics) set the kit up so it is 10mm above stock. Btw, I had always really thought the Model was absolutely beautiful. Well, it is until you pull it into a lot full of Lambo's, Mclaren's, Ferrari's, and a ton of Porches'. That's what happened when I pulled into the shop parking lot at Vinnie's Exotics. I haven't been there in about 3 weeks now, so my MY is back to being beautiful in my eyes!!!

I've had the UPP kit and only kept it until the Redwood Ohlin's became available. The UPP was quite a lot better than stock and I would have kept them if the Ohlin's didn't become available. But I've had nothing but terrific experiences with Ohlin's through the years. So I switched to the Redwood kit. I have not been disappointed! This kit is head & shoulders above the UPP's. Absolutely no regrets even though the Redwood kit is about $1200 more. A nice little side benefit that the Ohlin's rears have is the adjustment is located at the bottom of the shock. So you can adjust these without having to jack up the rear of the car.

I had the shop here in Baton Rouge (Vinnie's Exotics) set the kit up so it is 10mm above stock. Btw, I had always really thought the Model was absolutely beautiful. Well, it is until you pull it into a lot full of Lambo's, Mclaren's, Ferrari's, and a ton of Porches'. That's what happened when I pulled into the shop parking lot at Vinnie's Exotics. I haven't been there in about 3 weeks now, so my MY is back to being beautiful in my eyes!!!
Awesome info, and i will likely get these in addition to some rims(thinking the M520-R 19 x 8.5)

Reactions: GeezerSquid